Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’m not sure about it then. From what I’ve seen in the REA thread on A2C and by DM-ing people, getting it = you’re in. But not getting it doesn’t mean a rejection

2 Likes

Hello everybody,

I have received a request to submit additional documentation for 2023-24 financial aid application through IDOC and that “until your documents are received, schools cannot finalize your financial aid awards.” But the message doesn’t say what is missing so how can I guess what the problem is. I have emailed the customer service of IDOC but got no reply. Any idea what I could do?

Check your Yale FA portal to see what’s missing. Also, log into IDOC to see if there are any required docs (that you haven’t already submitted) still needed by Yale FA office.

1 Like

Is this a good sign? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

did you have an interview? If yes, when?

1 Like

yeah, i have that exact thing (wording, date) too…

1 Like

No interview.

1 Like

Yes, it’s usually prioritized if you’re an applicant they don’t have enough information about.

My son has the same…but I still don’t get it… is it a good sign to have the “please submit on idoc…” or not a good sign?… I’m confused :neutral_face:

3 Likes

My son has it too.

1 Like

I don’t think this means anything. I asked about it at a Korean American community forum and 10/11 people including me have the form on their fa portal. Only one person doesn’t have it. My question wasn’t as specific as yours though. Just asked if they have the form.

3 Likes

I had nothing in my checklist but got email to upload it through IDOC. Is that one of choices on Google Doc?

Actially got email from College Board

1 Like

Son got a request for an interview yesterday! So late in the game we were surprised. And will be in person too! I need the astrologers. What do you think? He is borderline and needs to ace his interview, I guess. He does have the Verification of Household Information marked as received in his portal.

5 Likes

This late means he is still in the running. Good luck, tell him not to overthink it.

6 Likes

That’s great. I would not put any pressure on him about the interview - I have heard so many times from alumni interviewers that they do not move the needle much (if at all), and really can only hurt if there are egregious mistakes or behaviors.

2 Likes

Some people received an email containing Yale ID number today, which is surely a good sign.

1 Like

for additional financial information? A SID #?

I don’t think receiving a SID means anything. My daughter was deferred and we received one at the end of Jan. It was way too early for any decisions to be made at that time. I think it’s just an ID number that is assigned to every student who applies for financial aid.

1 Like

People who received Yale ID during EA got accepted.

1 Like