Yale Class of 2027 Official Thread

is there a way to know which college is requesting IDOC from College Board?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. It’s to do with the fact that Admissions office sends FA dept. the accepted ones to make their aid package

1 Like

Yep. Just log into IDOC. it will show the names

2 Likes

Is anyone applying the real March 2023 astrology to Yale Portal Astrology? What is the prediction?

I am predicting that the least likely applicant will get admitted … lol

what do you mean by the “real March 2023 Astrology”?

Do you have “signed copy of page 2…” on yr child’s portal?

1 Like

Guys, is there anyone on this page who has the verification form in their Yale Portal, and didn’t apply to Duke?

2 Likes

After reading thru this thread, I checked my kid’s portal and she has the “Verification Statement of Household Information - **Please complete this form online through your College Board IDOC portal” with green check mark dated 2/22. She never received an email requesting the info and didn’t have an interview. I know no one knows if this is a good sign, but… Is it a good sign?? The suspense is killing me.

No Duke applicant here, but yes there’s a verification form in the Yale portal. Is the thought that this verification form in a student’s portal, or lack thereof, could be an indicator of…something? And would this apply for any CSS Profile school? I’ve read that this is a theory for Dartmouth.

On Reddit, a poster explained that her brother had the verification form in his Yale portal last year and was still rejected, so I’m skeptical that this means anything for Yale - at least this far out from decisions.

2 Likes

Yale A2C Reddit seems to discount the presence of this form as being meaningful, but who knows? A friend’s DS has applied to Cornell and the friend is freaking out because her DS’s FA portal is no longer visible and has a generic message attached to it, whereas some other posters are seeing a different screen that seems to indicate “student” access to Cornell. Something like that could be a clue, I would think.

I wanted to add that I’m an international and have a document dated to 2/23 (the day discrepancy is due to time zones) called Parent’s Income Information. All the other documents are a month apart (before). Is this a good sign?

1 Like

You mean having verification form in Dartmouth is a good sign?

We have the Dartmouth verification form, but not the verification of household information form in the Dartmouth financial aid portal. Do some folks have both?

2 Likes

Although there is no Hard evidence yet, this is all the data my friends and I have found thus far:

1. There is a WhatsApp group for Int’l students that has 350+ students. An earlier survey indicated 200+ yale applicants. 6 have the form. ONLY 6. This is in suspiciously line with the int’l acceptance rate of 3%

2. likely letter peeps, EA admits this year, previous year admitted peeps, all got requested for just one specific document: verification statement of household finances

3. Historically, everyone who got an SID was admitted; and it makes sense since this website (Student Identification Number (SID) | Financial Aid) clearly says that SID is for admitted students only. And those who got an SID were also prompted ONLY 1 document. Weirdly again, the ONLY requested document was this “verification statement of household information”

4. Verifacation statement was named family grid till last year and was asked only from admitted students

5. Deferred students have been getting this email/form before RD applicants and around early feb. Which is, again, in line with Yale’s claim to review Deferred students at the very beginning of the review process (source: yale admissions podcast, episode: “Early Action”

6. Yale admissions Podcast episode titled “committee,” says that the committee review begins in the 3rd week of Jan (after the initial read) and lasts 6-7 weeks; ending in the first week of march. Thus, deferred students get it at the beginning of Feb makes sense. Moreover, the RD applicants get finalized by the end of that round around Feb end or Early March; again, in line with the time RD applicants got this form. The podcast also says that there is a final check in march mid-end where they filter those who have had disciplinary violations or grade drops (very rare) and otherwise, coordinate with fin-aid department and other departments to ensure a smooth transition. Again, in line with why people are getting this around this time

7. out of 50k yale applicants, we can see 600-700 on CC, A2C, etc. And so far, we know about 30-40 (give or take) unique individuals who have this form. Again. in line with the acceptance rate: 2200/50k is nearly equal to 30/700

8. people who got the form include multiple GaTech CS acceptances, GaTech full ride, Berkeley MET acceptance, likely from barnard, accepted EA on a full ride to a top LAC as an EFC 0 int’l etc etc

9. Those who got an email with SID were requested for this very doc. It makes sense that those who already had it would not be re-requested for it if it was already on one’s IDOC

10. The VAST VAST majority of applicants don’t see this form. Again, in line with yale’s acceptance rate

Now, to me, it feels like 9-10 events are a tad bit too much to be a mere co-incidence, given that they all point towards the same logical conclusion

3 Likes

I do not know either way. There was some speculation about the form on Reddit, which made me wonder if having the Household Verification form in the student’s FA portal would be a “sign” for any CSS Profile college. Generally, it seems that portal changes within a day of admission might hold clues, but otherwise not.

1 Like

@GoAskDad read my above comment… the person u saw on reddit has a shady post history along the lines of “my brother got into xyz” “my friend had ABC” “my cousin got pqr” all over A2C. 2nd possibility: mid-year grade drop or disciplinary violation as mentioned in point 6

1 Like

do u see other forms on Dartmouth fin aid portal? Like tax forms, W2 statements, etc?

Yes, I do. There’s a whole bunch of them kinda similar to what Yale has. Dartmouth has its own verification form. I see that there. None of them have dates though, I can’t tell when they were downloaded.

Did they show up recently? if yes, congrats on Dartmouth! because it has been true (Fin Aid docs = Acceptance) for 19 years!

I’m RD and got the form late January after a senior interview mid January. Seems early to have been reviewed for RD?