Ad problem

I suddenly have a large U of Chicago add taking up a 1/3 of the right hand part of my screen that I can’t close out of. It’s blocking my new notifications. @CC_Mike @CC_Jon

And what’s up with the changes of the moderator “titles”?

Hmmm… There is an X at the top right, but it looks like it’s not showing on your screen. If you make the screen taller, that would let you dismiss it:

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 10.01.41 AM

But that shouldn’t be necessary. I’m going to check with the team to see if we can change the size of the ad and how it’s anchored so that it doesn’t get in the way of content.

I’ve seen the UChicago ad many times. Seems to pop up whenever I read a post tagged as “UChicago”. It’s annoying because it’s so large compared to all the other ads.

(I’ve probably triggered the pop up now for this post by mention the college :roll_eyes: )

It is good marketing on UChicago’s part, lol. I see the same on whenever I click on a Chicago thread, but can always close it with the X on the top right.

The X wasn’t there for me. This was the second U of Chicago ad - the first I was able to X out of but not the second.

I closed out the site and came back this afternoon and it’s gone now so thank you!