Dartmouth vs. UCLA [political science pre-law]

Though you didn’t imply or state that UCLA has grade deflation as numerous other threads do, I thought I would link the average gpa of UCLA baccalaureates who seized their degrees in the 2021-22 academic year to show that there isn’t deflation, even if not inflation as possibly with Dartmouth.

Another consideration, since you know beforehand what profession you’re intending before you enter college which is admirable, would be to try to get out in < 4 years, of which UCLA is very enabling. (But then, too, many of those from the eastcoast – and from everywhere actually – would rather slow-play their time at UCLA, so they tend to go for a full four years.) All the best!

Edit: Let me link Latin Honors (LH) at UCLA for 2022-23 for the top 20% of graduating seniors. By using Engineering’s LH gpa range as the lowest possible with respect to rigor and grading, which is .07 of a grade lower at the 80th percentile, Cum Laude range than your presumed major within Letters & Science, one can see that a high gpa at UCLA is entirely possible as it is within Samueli Engineering.

1 Like