Match me as a Transfer Student Who Hates the Culture Here

If your username is reflective of your real name, I would urge you to change it. Here are directions on how to do so: How Do I Change My Username?

I’m sorry that you’re having a hard time at school and don’t feel as though it’s the right fit for you. Are you in the honors college at your school? Have you joined any clubs that interest you? Those can be ways of finding your people and having more intellectually engaging classes.

When you say that your family’s EFC is $70k, is that your budget? Or is it $35k because your parents are paying for two children in college (which I believe is going to be changed in the next year with respect to how the FAFSA treats multiple kids in college and EFCs)? What’s the budget/year?

If you’re set (or curious) about transferring, these are a few schools that you might want to look into. Realize that admission as a transfer student is usually more difficult than admission as a first-year, and merit aid is usually much less generous, too. Make sure to run the Net Price Calculator (NPC) at every school you’re considering applying to.

• American (D.C.)
  • Bradley (IL)
  • Butler (IN)
  • DePaul (IL)
  • Drake (IA)
  • Drexel (PA ) – this school is heavily focused on co-ops
  • Howard (D.C.) HBCU
  • Loyola Chicago (IL)
  • Marquette (WI)
  • Suffolk (MA)
  • Temple (PA )
  • U. of Nebraska – Lincoln

You may want to run the NPCs at Boston U. & Syracuse as they have good programs in your field, but would probably be out of budget. But it would definitely be worth investigating if you’re interested in either of them.

1 Like