Pitt Honors Discussion and Results 2022, Class of 2026

Since Pitt Honors decisions will be released soon, post your results, questions, and stats here! Good luck!

3 Likes

Where will decisions be released? Through email?

From last year’s thread, it looks like the students get an email with a link that takes them to their Document Center. However, some students found their acceptance to Honors in Doc Center before their email arrived.

Decisions last year arrived on Feb. 14. Not sure if the overabundance of applications this year will push that date into later February.

1 Like

My daughter applied to Pitt Honors at the end of Nov, still no decision at all. I have called admissions this week and they said her decision is “just about ready to be released - should be any day now” They confirmed they got her mid year grades and when asked if she should send a LOCI/Update the admissions officer said no and something along the lines the decision is made just waiting to release.

OOS
3.81 UW in a very rigorous high school
1440 Superscore SAT
4 or 5 APs (our school offers very little APs and does it a little different)
tons of community service, lots of EC
Captain Ski Race team and varsity all 4 years, other sports as well
works 2 part time jobs including one at psychologist’s office
applying for Neuroscience major

How does the acceptance and honors work and what chances do you think of either Reg or Honors? This is a crazy year and I can’t seem to make sense of how colleges are doing it.

2 Likes

Were mid-year grades requested as part of her honors application? Has she already been admitted?

No she has not received any decision at all yet. They said a while back when I called because it seemed like it was taking a bit long they said their decisions were going to be 12 - 14 weeks because of flood of applications.

Midterm grades were not asked - automatically sent from our school. Her midterm grades were 6 classes - double enrolled in science and she got 3 A and 3 A- (AP Calc, AP Physics and Spanish 5 level 1). All unweighted midterm grades.

1 Like

I think she has a wonderful shot at Honors and acceptance. At an Admitted Students Day, the Honors dean told me in a normal year, about 25% of students are accepted to Honors who apply. However, with the surge in applications, she was not sure if it would be 25% this year

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything back from Honors college yet?

My D22 has not heard anything

Last week I reached out to the admissions counselor that talked with my son when he visited the high school to ask about honors release dates - he said notifications would go out “on or before March 1”. Impatient soul that I am :wink: the waiting is killing me. My son is way more chill. Clearly, I need to learn from him here!

5 Likes

Thank you for this info

Same here. I am obsessively checking portals; he’s riding it out. I could take a lesson or two there myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have Pitt Honors decisions been released?

1 Like

Nope. @Leigh22 was at an accepted students day on Saturday, and it was said that decisions are not out yet. Leigh, was anything else said about when to expect decisions?

2 Likes

no news here either! really hoping she’ll get it. she’s also very chill, but has applied to quite a few schools and is busy finishing out a lot of stuff for her IB diploma so doesn’t really have the time to stress over every upcoming decision, plus she’s the no-stress kind of kid, unlike her mama! lol! She has good stats, and good ‘holistic’ stuff going on too, so &&&&&.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the Physician Assistant Guarantee acceptances will be out? My D22 is still waiting for that and Honors, like many others.

Just looked up D18’s acceptance letter/email. It came March 5.

1 Like

Thanks for looking that up. You mentioned in an earlier post that there is an interview process, and only 5-10 get it. I’m guessing since my D hasn’t heard anything from them yet she’s probably not in the running for it.

You’re welcome. Yes, 10 were interviewed and 5 got it

I just looked at Pitt Band page, and they are accepting audition materials now for 2022 season! H2P :slight_smile:

I had band info on there because i thought i was on the regular Pitt thread

2 Likes