UPitt Guaranteed Admissions (Medicine)

Incredibly so. My year there were 10 medical GAP students. To my knowledge by the end of sophomore year at least 2 - 3 of them had lost their GAP status due to a low GPA.

It’s in the chart on the page. About 350-450 students are invited to apply for GAP (of the x-thousand students that apply to Pitt, it’s a very small percent). From there, only about 200-250 students actually fill out the application and turn it in. Out of those students, no more than 50 are invited for an interview (i.e. about 20-25% of the applicants). Then only 8 - 12 are invited into the GAP program (so 16 - 25% of the interviewees, or about 5% of the people who turned in applications). That’s why no one should count on GAP. Being invited to apply to it already requires a super competitive application and from there it just gets harder.

I don’t know too much about the VCU med program so I can’t answer although I imagine Pitt’s might be a bit harder due to it’s higher ranking.

Unless your school is also constantly producing GAP students it won’t really make a difference.