2010 USNWR Rankings

<p>Those rankings he posted are legit. They’re up on the US News site. </p>

<p>[National</a> Universities Rankings - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report](<a href=“http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings]National”>http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings)</p>

<p>Cali thrumpet: nooooooooooooooooo hahah well it was nice while it lasted but yet that idiot called my school “garbage” even though its still a top tier university and ranked higher than many states flagship . Congrats UCSC light a big one for me :P</p>

<p>I am going to look VERY forward to next year’s ranking which will reflect this year’s budget cuts on the UC system and the trend the system will go for a few years.</p>

<p>By the way, I picked up a copy of the magazine if anyone wants expanded statistics for the UC system. Here’s the Alumni Giving Rate, for example, which is 5% of the ranking, including the change from last year. As US News explains, this serves as a proxy for how satisfied students were with their undergrad education. This will probably dip in future editions due to the economy, although you can see a drop beginning already.</p>

<p>UCSB: 18% (-1%)
UCLA: 14% (no change)
UCB: 13% (-1%)
UCI: 12% (-1%)
UCD: 11% (-1%)
UCSC: 10% (-2%)
UCR: 7% (-1%)
UCSD: 7% (-1%)</p>

<p>UCSB still wins by a considerable margin. Go Gacuhos! :)</p>

<p>Hi rc251,</p>

<p>Can you post the peer assessment survey, acceptance rate, high school class - top 10%, and SAT/ACT scores?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Oh good lord, I had predicted that UC Davis will decimate every single college and rightfully secure its spot as the best school ever. And look, what are Harvard and Princeton doing there? Why does my ardor for this school always beget disappointment?</p>

<p>Nevermind this. As many have predicted years ago, we will become the flagship campus of the UC system. This hasn’t happened yet for many years, but my confidence remains unfaltering-- we WILL do it next year. THEN, we will show them that Davis is truly the best college in the world.</p>

<p>I’ll try to get the rest of the stats in when I get home today.</p>

<p>tastybeef : ROFLMAO
but UC Davis is a pretty good school though, still i thank you for the laugh :D</p>

<p>looks like UCD/UCSB is easily catching up with UCSD, joking aside with Harvard and Princeton.</p>

<p>
[QUOTE=jmilton90]

looks like UCD/UCSB is easily catching up with UCSD, joking aside with Harvard and Princeton.

[/quote]
Yeah, I was surprised by that, but it does seem that way.</p>

<p>what is it that is giving UCSD a better edge over UCD,UCSB, and UCI. I know the obvious being test scores, gpa, and admission rate… but other than that, are there any BIGG factors pulling them ahead of the others? I can easily see why UCB and UCLA are up there, but UCSD… O_O</p>

<p>UCSD is a tier of its own – the only people who put it “up there”, are, not surprisingly, those who attend it.</p>

<p>I’m not saying UCSD is with UCLA and UCB, I definitely do not see it being anywhere close to LA and B. I put sd with I, SB, D. Maybe thats because I’m going to Davis… but I also always liked D and SB more than SD… and I was admitted to SD too… but I like all 3 schools… and chose D because of location… CRAP I CONFUSE MYSELF. but yeah… as dmission said, SD is on a tier of its own… what is it that SD has over D, I, SB ?</p>

<p>SD ppl seem to think they r at the flagship level. Honestly I think UCD is more of a flagship than SD. They dont have stupid sociology professors that state that we should close down the bottom tier UCs even though two are ranked higher than many states’ flagships and those two have preformed world renowned research in there giving field</p>

<p>Way to stereotype UCSD, Jason. UCSD always receives bad rep because people are so set on this “elitist” mindset that they become prone to believe the label the campus has notoriously received. It’s what you make of your UNDERGRAD experience. Sometimes, in a place like UCSD, you have to work harder to find the good experiences. I’ve been to a few parties in UCSD and I haven’t even started school yet. Figure on that, closed-minded folks.</p>

<p>" It’s what you make of your UNDERGRAD experience." hear that BestInndaWest</p>

<p>ucsd professors may be cocky and selfish, but that has nothing to do with my question -.- and ucsd professors are supposedly really top notch researchers right??.. or at least more so than the other lower UCs?</p>

<p>actually the are all even its just in what campus a certain prof is needed</p>

<p>I don’t go to UCSD but in Biology and engineering, UCSD has competitive offerings to Berkeley, which I know best. In addition, my social science TA, who is completing his doctorate at UCSD tells me that the economics and Political Science Departments are among the top 12 in the country. UCSD also attracts more national research grants after UCB and UCLA. </p>

<p>One other thing – it is not just USNWR rankings. In rankings of world universities published by China and other polls of all shades and sizes, the same ranking holds.</p>

<p>Having said all that, what I don;t understand is why people think they have to tear down UCSD in order to build up UCD, UCSB and UCI. Why can’t you take pride in all that your UC has achieved? Why not talk about what attracted you (other than I did not get into UCB, UCLA or UCSD)?</p>

<p>because when I say that my school is great and I love. Some idiots go hahaha u go to UCR even though it saved the citrus industry and was rank 101 in the world according to some international ranking last year</p>