2012/2013 Decision Thread

<p>Do you really want to get in or really want to go there? There’s a difference.</p>

<p>^^^^^^^ so true!</p>

<p>hey can someone add me to the fb group? Redirecting... :slight_smile: sent a request but i think it was ignored</p>

<p>I got my letter yesterday! It did have an estimate of the need-based aid I would receive. Nothing merit though… I don’t think they make those decisions until the spring.</p>

<p>LOL, I have a few schools that I really want to “get in” to… but I don’t actually want to go to! How devilish of me.</p>

<p>If you don’t mind me asking, Wintertree, was their financial aid satisfactory? I’m flipping through the CC “book of views,” and it breaks my heart to think that I may not be able to afford it.</p>

<p>My letter came today also. The financial aid I got was definitely above satisfactory. If the amount they estimated is truly how much I end up getting, my parents said I definitely can go without them having any problems. :D</p>

<p>I don’t know how they are doing it this year. Last year the merit award came with the acceptance letter.</p>

<p>Hmm… financial aid was okay. Not as much as I would have liked. I did get a 7k merit scholarship, which was included in the letter. Hopefully, they’ll offer more in March.</p>

<p>Full ride :)</p>

<p>Does that mean great financial aid or all merit aid (or some of both)?</p>

<p>Pure fin aid for me :)</p>

<p>Can someone add me to the class of 2017 group, please: <a href=“https://www.facebook.com/nick.weber2[/url]”>https://www.facebook.com/nick.weber2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>vell28: That’s great - congrats to you! You’re going to love CC!</p>

<p>Hi, are grant/scholarship what you guys are calling merit? If so I got quite a bit of that so I wouldn’t give up on that yet. Congrats to all of you! I got a little note and a bookmark which were quite fancy :smiley:
BTW I live in So Cal and my package arrived today.</p>

<p>I counted scholarship/grant as need-based aid, since it didn’t list any specific academic scholarship. I know that grants at least are considered need-based. </p>

<p>I was pretty pleased with my financial aid estimate; if the final award stays the same then my family can afford Colorado College :)</p>

<p>I got some money in grants and some money in the form of a scholarship.</p>

<p>can the people that’ve earned a full ride write down their stats…also are their any international students here who have been already accepted?</p>

<p>the “full ride” referred to above is need-based financial aid. It is not merit.</p>

<p>Hey! I’m not sure if I should be posting in this thread considering I’m a junior still, but do you guys have any tips at all for applying for CC? I’m planning to apply early decision in the fall, and I just have one more semester of junior year to deal with. What are your stats? What classes did you take/GPA? Any tips on supplements for getting in? Anything would really help me for next year!! Congrats on all who got accepted. :)</p>

<h1>becky428, this late in the game I don’t really think it matters to compare your courses/stats/GPA with ours. :stuck_out_tongue: Just keep trying your best finishing up junior year!</h1>

<p>As for tips, I’d definitely go for an interview, those seem to help a lot in the CC admission process. If you’re a minority definitely applying for the Multicultural Open House fly-in next year. As for supplements, just make sure to show your passion in your why CC. I think the point of the block plan essay is to see if the applicant sort of “gets the point” of the block plan, so aim to do that.</p>

<p>Good luck :)</p>