2014 Admissions Decisions RD

<p>Ok- thought of the one negative - VT is a PIA to get to from Mass. 12 hour drive to our town and flying isn’t much better. Not a lot of kids to share rides with either. We bought her a car to make it easier. And according to DD1 there aren’t enough Patriots, Bruins or Red Sox fans around. LOL!</p>

<p>Ok. I am confused. I thought admission decisions were not handed out until 4/1. My daughter applied to COE. She is a legacy and OOS. Does anyone know how they are releasing the acceptances. Are they via Email or Snail mail? Are they only providing the Honors College acceptances? I think when my son got in (which was late in March a few years ago, they sent an email and told you to access the portal. It looks like things may be different now but this is confusing. Any insight is appreciated.</p>

<p>Accepted College of Engineering</p>

<p>Stats:
ACT: 32 with just the two they look at. 29 over all.
SAT IIs: Math I (710(
GPA: 4.37 weighted
Senior Year Course load: AP English, AP Gov, Ap Calc, Ap Physics, APES, Advanced yearbook</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars: a lot of them with about 5 leadership positions
Job/Work Experience: job over the summer
Teacher Recs: didn’t send
Counselor Rec: good I guess
Essay: Good but wasn’t my best
Hook (if any): none</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: VA (got my decision early because of a program I did)
School Type: Small, rural public school
Ethnicity: white

<p>Strengths: high stats, awesome ec’s, female in engineering
Weaknesses: not the best subject 2, okay essays</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>Anyone know when the regular admissions results are released this year?</p>

<p>@challanger…my D is OOS and we got the acceptance from VT last week in the mail before it was on the portal. She got into the COE. It took a day or two for it to go online. </p>

<p>Agg99… When I talked with admissions they said 3/21. I was very surprised to get her acceptance so soon. I did make sure to send her semester grades in when she got her most recent report card in February. Did you make sure your most recent transcript was sent??</p>

<p>@crazymomof4 Yes, I did. But, I am in-state so I guess I will hear from them on 3/21 anyway. Thanks! (they always release their decisions on 3/21, so I guess that makes sense).</p>

<p>Accepted into my first choice, Animal and Poultry Sciences! OOS, 31 ACT. Applied early January, heard back end of February. very excited</p>

<p>Son got accepted to the Industrial Design program. He is OOS from MA.</p>

<p>MThreeS, what were his stats if you mind me asking?</p>

<p>GPA 3.92/4.00 not weighted
(4 AP and the rest Honors Class)
Top 5% of class
SAT 1990/2400
3 year Varsity Soccer (Captain Senior Year)
Some community service</p>

<p>He is trying to decide between University of Cincinnati and Virginia Tech. He is still waiting to hear from Syracuse.</p>

<p>My daughter received a Financial Aid Award Letter on the VT web site, but did not yet receive a letter in the mail saying she had been accepted. I have to think this is a very good sign that she has been. Does anyone else have experience like this?</p>

<p>I got a Financial aid statement, too. With Hokie Bird next to it? I remember last year people were discussing whether or not it was a good sign, so I looked that thread up. From what I gathered, it isn’t necessarily a sign of acceptance or anything; however, I can’t remember if that thread said if everyone had the Hokie Bird or not. I do remember reading that the Hokie Bird for Transfer students is a better sign because it accompanies credit transfer info instead of Financial Aid. </p>

<p>Where exactly is this showing up? The same place where you check the application status?</p>

<p>I too wonder where to check for the Fin.aid statement.</p>

<p>It shows up on the menu that displays your “processed applications” and shows the link to your undergraduate application and, if you applied, honors application. It’s on the top of the page. </p>

<p>My daughter got an email about the financial award…she also got an email from the COE welcoming her and congratulating her on her acceptance. First, she got the envelope in the mail…then it was online…then the emails. </p>

<p>I didn’t get my email about my financial award…probably because I put it as “will not file”. VT still sent me an urgent email about completed financial aid before the priority deadline, even though I finished before this point.</p>

<p>Can’t see financial aid either. </p>