2014 Admissions Decisions RD

<p>I really want to know the exact date when results are going to come out. Did anyone ask the admissions office RECENTLY?</p>

<p>What does a hokie bird under the applicant name mean? </p>

<p>If it is directly under your name it should be about the FAFSA information… my daughter was accepted in Feb and the Hokie didn’t appear until the FAFSA info showed up.</p>

<p>@raclut The day the Hokie bird showed up several weeks ago, the financial aid link actually led to Financial Aid Award Letter. However, they took it down the next day, and it hasn’t been available again since.</p>

<p>So, just to continue the conversation, another day has gone by with nothing in the mail, and no change to the website at 5 pm. Friday it is.</p>

<p>I clicked on financial aid award but it says not available at this time and the second link is broken. Hokie bird doesn’t mean acceptance? March seems to be a long wait for results. They can’t seem to come soon enough.</p>

<p>can someone ask VA tech on Facebook? They normally tend to give the date. They gave some girl the actual ED date 3-4 days before! I don’t have a Facebook, so if anyone else can do that it would great! We will know the answer. Also ask them on VA Tech Undergraduate Admissions Facebook page.</p>

<p>Friday it is</p>

<p>@sealsfamily how do you know? ED was out on a Wednesday!</p>

<p>@agg999 I got deferred ED and was notified like 4 days before the Jan 15 date. Many people were saying they may notify you earlier than the posted date, but there was no general consensus on when “earlier” would be. By looking back at how they have handle RD in the past and the fact that we have a specific date and a time that everyone seems to agree on, I would say with 100% certainty that they will release the vast majority (if not all) of the decisions on Friday at 5. </p>

<p>Our school’s Access Advisor called and asked and the reply was Friday for RD</p>

<p>@LeSora i’m an international student study in GA</p>

<p>Hey guys, I found out of my acceptance on February 7th which was on a Friday and it was literally exactly at 5 PM. I refreshed the page as soon as it hit 5 PM and it said acceptance! </p>

<p>@123redskins Did you have the Hokie bird on your admissions page?</p>

<p>Does the Hokie bird on your Admissions page mean anything?</p>

<p>My son has a Hokie bird on his admission page with a link to the financial aid award letter. Yesterday, I was able to view it once, but it would not re-open. Cautiously optimistic as I saw a post from last year where a student was wait listed but also received the Hokie bird and award. School advisor said Friday is the day. </p>

<p>My son was deferred to RD. I believe there was a post on the VT Admissions Facebook page advising of the date when the ED’s would be posted. If I recall, it was around 4:50 when we checked and the decision was posted.</p>

<p>The Hokie bird doesn’t mean anything for admissions. If you submitted a FAFSA you will get a financial “award” and that is what the Hokie represents. It doesn’t necessarily mean an “award.” Ours was simply loan information. There is no Hokie near the admissions information. </p>

<p>Good information. My daughter applied for engineering and university studies as a backup. </p>

<p>Any in state RD going in for university studies with a hokie bird?</p>