2014 Admissions Decisions RD

<p>@gnippaf Sorry for the disappointment, but Penn State is certainly worthy.</p>

<p>Daughter was accepted but not to Engineering. She got 2nd choice of Chemistry.</p>

<p>Wait-listed too. Yeah, pretty much sealed the deal that VT will not be my school. I am the first to not get in for like 3 generations. Disappointed, but will land somewhere and start my own course. Trying to stay positive and not feel dumb. Congrats to all who got in!</p>

<p>So do the wait-listed people have a chance? How exactly does the wait-list work?
Isn’t wait listed still better than a rejection? </p>

<p>Yes, you still have a chance. However, based on historical years, they pull little to no people from the wait-list and the notification date is usually well after May 1st. So, yes, I am staying on the list, but I will have to accept at another school. If by some miracle VT accepts me later, I will simply lose my deposit if I choose to attend. I am not holding out much hope for this though. Just my understanding and thoughts.</p>

<p>@booboo96 I am sorry to hear it. You will succeed on a different path.</p>

<p>@skedeebs. Thanks, that is very kind of you. Not sure I buy all my positive talk, but I am trying hard to convince myself! :smiley: </p>

<p>Booboo, I’m sorry. You will love the school you choose. Hang in there.</p>

<p>@skedeebs where are you from? We are in the northeast. We loved Blacksburg. IMO it is so much better than Charlottesville. We liked the close college feel. I always describe it as a town around a college as opposed to UVA which is a college in a town. </p>

<p>@skedeebs I think being from NOVA might have hurt my chances.</p>

<p>@crazymom04 and @gnippaf We are in Fairfax. There is no doubt that being from NoVA makes for harder competition. I am hoping that my daughter will like the feel of Blacksburg. I agree that college kids generally don’t leave the campus much, and just need some options beyond.</p>

<p>How are you guys getting in? The site has been jammed for me since 5 bleh</p>

<p>So I can’t get in now but earlier I logged in and under Processed Application it had my name and College of Engineering. Does that mean I’m in? there wasn’t a line saying you are offered admission or anything right?</p>

<p>Unfortunately, you have to go to the next screen to see the decision. I thought that since mine said the right major, etc. I was good. When I clicked on Fall 2014, the decision was wait-listed. So, I hope you get a different result. Guess I am glad I logged-in at 4pm since the system appears down now. Wish you the best of Luck.</p>

<p>Ok, thank you. guess we’ll just have to wait</p>

<p>Waitlisted <///3</p>

<p>are people able to view their decision right now?</p>

<p>He’s in! College of Engineering!</p>

<p>Instate Fairfax, accepted to College of Engineering.</p>

<p>Didn’t get Into engineering. Not sure why. 670 math sat and 4.38 gpa with 3 A’s I AP sciences and a B in calc right now</p>