2020 Fall UCSD vs. UCD (Microbiology)

Hi :slight_smile:

I hope you guys are well and safe.

Before I get into my question, let me write about myself:

Transfer student.
Major: Microbiology
(planning to go to Grad school)

Main interest: Bioremediation, environmental sustainability, and biotechnology. I’m also interested in medical & clinical field, but not as much as above.

Main Goal: Experience. It’s what I want the most from college, and I plan to have as much research experience & internship opportunities as possible once I transfer.

I got accepted to both UCSD and UCD as a Microbiology major.
After a lot of web search, I still wasn’t sure about how they differ when it comes to undergraduate research opportunities & programs, internship opportunities, and overall research environment.

I also care about the school vibe, housing (off-campus) cost & social environment, but I know I need experience in my field right now and that’s why I’m weighing it more :slight_smile:

I would really appreciate your opinions on UCSD vs. UCD!
Thanks for reading and be safe!

Not even a question - choose UC Davis for sure…they have endless opportunities for research/industry work and many go on to extremely well known med schools like Stanford etc. Many of my friends got into labs their first year…Although I don’t doubt UCSD has great opportunities as well because both UCD and UCSD are ranked the same basically everywhere, it’s hard to beat the college life at UC Davis.

@Zaira1135: This poster has not been back since April and I am sure had made their decision by June 1.

Closing this discussion.