2021-2022 USC Transfer

Someone said it just appears in their application checklist as SGR with a red X next to it in their applicant portal

Hi, Iā€™m also a non-TTP applicant who applied for film production. How did you get your interview? Did they email you or did you just check your portal? If I didnā€™t get an interview request does that mean Iā€™m getting rejected?

What theā€¦ I been checking my portal off and on and thereā€™s been a green check near my highschool transcript for months. Was green yesterday. I checked again today and now itā€™s red?

The wait is absolutely killing me lol Just thinking about the decision is making me anxious

1 Like

I decided yesterday to post motivational quotes on my Instagram each day as I waitā€¦ if anyone wants to follow feel free @kendravixli or @keshia.will.be.albrechtā€¦ pretty cool the USCVRC (Veteran Resource Center) liked the one from today.

3 Likes

I would definitely call and email my counselor and see what happenedā€¦ especially that we are officially in the home stretch of transfer decisions.

have any TTP gotten acceptances or rejections yet? Or has it only been spring grade request?

I think this week has only been SGR and next week hopefully they will start rolling out decisions for TTP.

ohhh ok perfect thank you so much. Good luck!

Thank you! To you as well!!

1 Like

so the hope is to make it past this week?

Looking from past years, many people who got in got interviews and didnā€™t get interviews. So I believe it is mixed so donā€™t worry if you havenā€™t received anything.

I also started a thread for transfers who applied to SCA:

I got an email from a senior assistant director of admissions that asked me to simply screenshot my spring semester course schedule without any grades, as I believe they wanted to see if I am still taking the same courses as I reported when I submitted my common app as well as did the USC Transfer articulation thing. So, I believe they are really starting to review applications now and my hope is next week, they begin releasing acceptances and such.

r u ttp?

Yup, Iā€™m a TTP student.

iā€™m ttp as well but didnā€™t get anything yet, hopeful for good news soon.

2 Likes

whatā€™s ur major?

Thatā€™s been my logic because Iā€™m not sure if they will still send SGRs next week along with decisions(Iā€™m hoping they donā€™t.) It makes sense that they would send SGRs then acceptances.

I think they wanted to specifically see my courses Iā€™m taking rn in the Spring as Iā€™m applying for the Marshall School of Business and I am completing my math and eng requirement rn in the spring semester. Itā€™s weird that they didnā€™t just send me a SGR, but I may end up getting a SGR. They may have not sent you an email as you probably completed all necessary prerequisites for your major, so they donā€™t have to worry if you are still taking the necessary prerequisites still in the spring. Perhaps though, since I had a really strong academic standing in the fall semester, maybe they donā€™t need my actual grades and just wanted to verify if I didnā€™t drop the necessary prereqs.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t it make sense to admit the top of the pool applicants first, then send SGRā€™s to those on the borderline, in order to fill the remaining spots left in the transfer class? I donā€™t know why USC sends SGRā€™s first.