2022 Admissions Decisions

Thanks @cargar44 and @Midwestmomofboys ! That gives us some hope for being accepted later.

Accepted
Letters and Science
Out of State
3.7 Unweighted
1460 SAT

Was wondering if anyone got direct admit to business and has not yet taken calculus? My son got in pre-business and hasn’t taken calc yet and it seems like all the friends who are direct admit have taken AP Calc.

Accepted into L&S!!

Does anyone know if and when they will be releasing more decisions today? Thanks!!!

@ret2112 Have you taken AP Calculus?

I’m taking AP Calc AB right now. @Packersfan123

@Packersfan123 there are students directly admitted to the WSB without having taken calculus in high school.

does anyone know if it is easy to transfer from L&S to engineering

Did anyone happen to ask if they’ll be releasing more decisions tonight? still waiting…

Have any internationals heard back yet?

Not yet!!!

@a1o1b7 - I have same question - "does anyone know if it is easy to transfer from L&S to engineering?

Getting anxious as got into 2nd choice and UW Madison ignore my 1st choice of Engineering

Deferred- OOS
3.8 GPA, 1410 SAT, Good extracurriculars/solid essays&recs
6 other students at my school were deferred. Do you suggest I reach out to the admissions office to show that I’m very interested in attending?

Its a crapshoot since they split hairs between thousands of OOS students with basically the same numbers. Keep your grades up and hold on. You’ll probably make it. Other great schools out there too.

My Son got accepted to college of engineering (chemical). OOS Texas. 1510 SAT, UW 3.93 GPA.

Accepted OOS L&S
32 composite ACT
3.78 unweigthed GPA
School doesn’t have AP’s and only 2 applied in my grade

My son received his decision yesterday. Congrats to everyone who received good news!!!

ACCEPTED: Electrical Engineering
Applied: 10/29/2017
Decision: 12/15/2017
Residency: OOS (Illinois)
ACT: 29 (English: 27, Math: 29, Reading: 28, Science: 31)
SAT: 1330 (R+W: 630, Math: 700)
GPA: Weighted: 4.57/ Unweighted: 3.81
AP/Honors: 20+ (12 APs)
Activities: A good set of ECs, including math and science clubs, honor societies, volunteer work, paid work, and sports.
Ethnicity: White

Deferred: OOS (Texas)
ACT: 28
GPA: 3.5
ESSAYS: About my mom being arrested and living in a broken household (CA Prompt) + tailored essays for UW Madison (Classes, Major, Volunteer Program, and Peace Corps program)
EC: Varsity Soccer, Varsity Track, Varsity Lacrosse, JV Basketball, Tech, Film maker, Work Experience (30+ hours a week), band, and 120+ hours of volunteer work.
ETHNICITY: White
INTENDED MAJOR: Linguistics

I have a low GPA and ACT for their OOS applicants pool, but I was also deferred alongside people with GPA’s of 4+. I believe it is mostly because of my Essays and Extracurriculars that set me apart.

daughter deferred - OOS
GPA 4.85 un weighted 3.83
SAT 1330
10 college/Ap classes
lots of sports, community service 400+ hours, excellent essays.
PreMed - Nutrition Major