63% increase in Purdue Polytechnic applications in 2019!

Does anyone know why the number of applicants to Purdue Polytechnic (main campus) jumped 63% last year? The acceptance rate dropped from 72% to 48% in one year!

Marketing?

I haven’t seen the data, but I know I had no idea what Polytechnic was until my daughter started as a Freshman in the Engineering college. I had heard the term once or twice During admissions and assumed it was just an anachronistic name for the Engineering school.

The acceptance rate change is likely just a byproduct of the increased number of applications. Capacity probably didn’t change much.

I believe Purdue Polytechnic is in it’s 4th or 5th year. They had something similar before that but it was not as well marketed. I think Purdue’s reputation for engineering excellence has extended to the Polytechnic College. It is a great option for those not as math and science focused who want a more applied career in technologies. They also offer it as an alternative to some of the students who aren’t accepted into their Engineering Program. I’d be curious how successful their students are having finding technical stem jobs.

So this means it is harder to get in this year?