Admission rates Purdue polytechnic college not including professional flight

Does anyone know how competitive the computer-centric majors are in Purdue’s polytechnic school? I see average gpa and test scores of admitted students but I have to assume professional flight grossly inflates these stats. My son is especially interested in computer information technology. I don’t see it broken down in data digest but maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

You can email and ask but I’d assume at least the average they show. Not sure that pilot is higher and the rest lower. Nonetheless if it’s a reach have others too as safety.

Purdue Polytechnic eclipses enrollment record seventh consecutive time - Purdue Polytechnic Institute.

The major specific info on data digest is locked but as noted, the department will have the information and historically Purdue has been very transparent with providing that information.

Polytech seems to be getting more competitive, especially for the CS adjacent majors, so I would think that stats are going to skew higher for that program too.

Does anyone think the admission stats will be less dismal with the addition of the Indianapolis campus? Sounds like they are going to focus on the engineering/tech majors. I saw one article that said they thought it might help with the housing crisis. In another article they said they were only planning to enroll 1,000 students on the new campus. Thoughts?

i think because they consider the “new” Indianapolis campus an extension of WL that they might offer some students acceptances with assignment to Indianapolis as they try to manage yields and housing in WL.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.