$700/month in Lucky - Own room - Good deal?

<p>I am transferring to Madison next year and am desperately trying to find a place to live. I was offered housing by the University but since I am going to be a junior I really don't want to go to the dorms again.</p>

<p>I want to live very close to everything and Lucky seems to be the only private housing that is center of campus. </p>

<p>Anyway I found someone who needs to immediately sublease and is knocking the price down to $700/month. Should I take the offer or keep looking?</p>

<p>Thanks !</p>

<p>How will Lucky be paid the difference?</p>

<p>He will be giving me the entire difference when I sign... good deal or should I look for cheaper??</p>

<p>Oh my god. How did you find a single room in Lucky for 700 a month? Studios go for at least 1,000 depending on where in the building. One bedrooms go up from that. Individual bedrooms in 3 or 4 bedrooms are at least 800, if you don't share, and maybe more.</p>

<p>Seriously, if you dont take it please forward me the information as i have friends wanting to live there.</p>

<p>Is that a one-bedroom, studio, or a bedroom within a larger unit? Either way, that's unbelievable.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I am transferring to Madison next year

[/quote]

[quote]
someone who needs to immediately sublease

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Why start paying now when you don't need the place till next year (sept 2009?)? By the time next year comes around, you will have a new lease at the full rate. Might as well get the new lease now that doesn't start until you need it.</p>

<p>Good advice^ Sorry I wasn't clear, but it starts in August and goes til August.</p>

<p>Anyway, he dropped his price even lower and have taken it. I think this was a smart decision :)</p>

<p>I still hope I can meet people though...</p>

<p>For what you are looking for I think thats a pretty good deal. Also, you should be able to meet people in Lucky, though it'll be a little tougher I guess if people already have groups, but you just need to be sociable. Also Lucky is right by the SE cluster so I bet you could meet lots of people over there too, even though its apparently lots of Freshmen. Good luck and congratz on the new place!</p>

<p>What floor is it on? You could talk to the leasing staff or something, telling them you're a transfer student, looking to make some social connections. You may be able to be invited to Lucky101 programs or something. It's the "drom" element of the building.</p>

<p>Make sure he pays you the difference in CASH AT OR BEFORE you sign the sub-lease agreement. Once you sign, you are on the hook for the lease amount. If he skips town (bad check, etc.), then you are SOL.</p>