8 Questions About the Student Experience at Purdue

• Is having a boyfriend/girlfriend common at Purdue or is it a place w/lots of unattached students and/or common hook-ups

• What fun activities are there on campus for someone who is quieter and not in (frat) parties?

• What are fun things to do in Lafayette as a student outside of bars and clubs?

• Is school spirit palpable on campus?

• Are the food options on campus any good?

• What is life like on campus for Latino and black students?

• If you’ve had experience with them how would you rate the university’s administration? Do they make staying on top of things easy for students and
    are they supportive?

• Do you think that Purdue’s academics are adequately challenging?

Just saw your post this morning otherwise I would have answered sooner!

My D is a co-op student at Purdue. She’s finishing up her 6th semester and I can answer some of your questions based on what she’s shared.

My D has dated a bit and I would say in her friend group 50% have partners, and 50% don’t. Seems to be a non issue in her group.

My D is not in a frat and not a big partier. She goes to sporting events, arts events (shows and concerts), and plays DnD. She also goes hiking on a regular basis. There are a ton of clubs at Purdue for almost any interest.

In town, D goes to farmer’s market when it’s in season, the game cafe, the cat cafe, and to the movies. She and her friends will often go to brunch as well on Sundays.

Lots and lots and lots of school spirit!

She really enjoyed the food on campus. Lots of variety and many restaurants will take meal swipes on certain days. The university also brings food trucks to campus on a regular basis that also take swipes.

My D is an engineer - her classes are plenty challenging!

Can’t address the rest of your questions but hopefully someone else will chime in.

2 Likes

Thanks for those answers. Much, much appreciated.

1 Like