A couple of questions for UC's

<p>First off, I was wondering if someone can please help me calculate my UC gpa. Here are my grades:</p>

<p>10th Grade:</p>

<p>History 1-2 (H) NH Semester B B </p>

<p>European History (AP) AP Semester B C </p>

<p>Humanities 1-2 (H) NH Semester C B </p>

<p>Advanced Functions Analysis 1-2 NH Semester B B </p>

<p>Physics 1-2 NH Semester B B </p>

<p>Spanish 1-2 NH Semester A A </p>

<p>11th Grade:</p>

<p>U.S. History (AP) AP Semester A A </p>

<p>American Literature 1-2 (H) HL Semester C B </p>

<p>Calculus AB (AP) AP Semester A A </p>

<p>Pre-Calculus 1-2 (H) NH Semester A A </p>

<p>Biology 1-2 (H) NH Semester A B </p>

<p>Biology (AP) AP Semester A B </p>

<p>Spanish 5-6 NH Semester A A </p>

<p>Spanish 3-4 NH Semester B A </p>

<hr>

<p>Please disregard what it says in the parenthesis. Unless it says HL or AP after the course name, it is on a regular 4 point scale.</p>

<p>Now for a couple of questions…</p>

<p>1) As you can see, my grades in 10th grade were pretty bad, and they were due to my lack of focus and motivation in school. Should I state that in the additional information box? And if yes, how exactly should I go about saying that?</p>

<p>2) For Educational Preparation Programs, I read somewhere on CC that taking a Kaplan SAT prep course would be valid for that. Is that correct?</p>

<p>3) I live in Southern California where the wildfires occured and my test date for the ACT was rescheduled to November 10th. I don’t think I will be getting my scores before November 30th, and I have taken the ACT once before. Should I just input my first ACT score and say the Planned test date is in November?</p>

<p>4) Should I input ALL of my SAT II scores? And should I put in my SAT scores, even if I want them to look at the ACT instead?</p>

<p>5) I’m really confused on when/how to send score reports and what exactly I should send to the UC’s. If someone could explain that too me, that would be great.</p>

<p>Alright, that wasn’t really a couple of questions but thanks in advance for helping me out!</p>

<p>UC GPA is a 4.64 </p>

<ol>
<li> If you have a real reason that isn't just "I wasn't motivated", put it in the additional information box. Probe the "why" of the "I wasn't motivated" because just saying you didn't like school isn't going to be something that can't be seen from the app.</li>
<li> It should be.</li>
<li> Yes.</li>
<li> Yes.</li>
<li> Send your SAT/ACT scores out now (due in January, so plan to send them in sometime December) Nothing else is due until after you get accepted (ie. transcript and AP scores)</li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks a lot! By the way, do you mean my UC GPA is 3.64? I wish I had a 4.64 haha :-&lt;/p>

<p>And so if my only reason for having poor grades in 10th grade was lack of motivation and disinterest in school, I shouldn't put anything in the additional info box? Because I really want to explain my bad grades, not as an excuse, but more of how I changed to overcome my lack of focus in 10th grade, to getting better grades in 11th.</p>

<p>Anybody? Please...</p>

<p>You might want to use one of the personal statements to explain how you grew and changed from an under-motivated student to one who is high achieving. Think back to why your grades changed and what sparked you to do better... there is probably a good essay to be had from your experience. I know a few kids who got accepted to the top UC's who had strong upward trends that spoke for themselves. It's competitive out there (for sure!), but they don't expect every applicant to have been perfect all through high school.</p>

<p>Wow I must've hit the wrong key. Yeah its a 3.64 xD</p>