A Couple Questions

<p>Hi, I have a few questions for anyone who knows:</p>

<ol>
<li>Are RD decisions staggered or will everyone hear in late March?</li>
<li>Are there many Conservative students?</li>
<li>How long does it take to get to football games at Sun Life Stadium (and does it dampen student turnout)?</li>
<li>Is there fun without partying for non-nerdy students?</li>
<li>Do students seem happy to be there and committed to a full college experience?</li>
</ol>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>@survivorfan, My son is a freshman, so I will help you where I can - others will hopefully chime in and provide a bit more detail.</p>

<ol>
<li>I think everyone hears at once, from what I remember.</li>
<li>Not sure about this - I would think so. This is a very diverse campus. I would look for a Young Republicans club.</li>
<li>It takes about 45-50 minutes - the school provides buses. I rode on one for family weekend, and they were fine.</li>
<li>Definitely. There are things to do in the dorm, and the school plans events very often called “Canes Night Live”</li>
<li>Definitely yes, from everything I have seen and heard. My son loves it, and I know many other happy parents!</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li>I believe everyone hears at the same time with maybe a couple hours delay due to technical issues.</li>
<li>Yes there is a very active UM Republicans club and I have a couple friends who are not part of the club but are conservative. This has led to “aggressive discussions” from time to time :)</li>
<li>The bus rides to the game take anywhere from 40 min to 1 hour 30 min depending on traffic but the buses are a lot of fun as everyone is cheering and getting excited for the game</li>
<li>If you are able to have fun at home without partying, then you will have no trouble doing it here. There are often lots of things to do on campus at night including Canes Night Live events, clubs, shows, movies on campus etc… and if nothing else, you can hang out with a group of friends and entertain yourselves. You do not need to party to have fun at Miami</li>
<li>I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami had one of the happiest campuses in the country. Students really do seem to love it. Most of the professors are great teachers and care about their students. Most of the people on campus are friendly. Campus itself has the appearance of a resort. If you get the chance to visit, you will know right away if it is the college for you and if it is, you will have a great four years here. </li>
</ol>