Academics At Miami

<p>how hard is it to get an A in a class? for a class such as introduction to psychology or an english or literature class?..whats the grading scale 90-100? any insight would be appreciated, thanks</p>

<p>completely depends on your professor</p>

<p>UMIAMI also uses the +/- system.</p>

<p>more responses please</p>

<p>I seem to remember son telling me that in some classes it was 92% or better. And things like Orgo I and II as being bell-curved and tough. Some classes he found easy and some he struggled with. I think most often it all hinges on what classes you particularly enjoy vs those you don't.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>thanks, bump for more replies</p>

<p>I agree that it depends on what classes you enjoy but the professor plays a huge role. My son has done well in classes in which the subject didn't thrill him due to having a good professor and has done not as well in classes where the subject was of interest but the prof didn't go over everything in class, wasn't helpful outside of class and was boring in class.</p>

<p>You should definitely use ratemyprofessor.com. I've taken dual-enrollment course at different colleges and I chose my professor based on the site and it really helped me choose good professors.</p>

<p>thanks i didnt know if that crap really worked or not lol</p>

<p>i use ratemyprofessor and check it against the evaluations that are posted on myum...it works very well</p>

<p>Are there professor evaluations on MyUM? My son used ratemyprofessor.com and it was very helpful, but some profs are not on there and you just have to wing it. This semster he likes all the profs that he chose thru ratemyprofessor.com but one class the prof was not listed and he is not as happy with that class and the prof.</p>

<p>yes, on myUM you select the type of class and the semester and the majority of the professor evaulations are posted. These are the evaluations students fill out at the middle and end of the semester.</p>

<p>Lily-It's listed under the student/academic section of myum-faculty evaluations. My S thinks ratemyprofessor is more informative, but he has used a combination of both.</p>