Acceptances for 2015?

I was wondering if there were any acceptances to the MT program yet… And do the decisions come through snail mail or email or by phone call??? Any info would be AWESOME

There is a thread— class of 2019 feedback—that shows two girls being accepted, one for the BFA in Musical Theatre and one for the BA in Theatre. While I sure the early auditioners have heard, sometimes people hold the info until they have heard from all their schools. COPA sends their decisions by snail mail and the envelope will be small. Hoping you break legs at all of your upcoming auditions.

@CTownMom‌ There’s no portal that has the decisions?!!

Within the Point Park discussion there is this thread. “Auditions for the MT Class of 2019 Feedback Results ???”. In it two parents talk about their daughters being accepted. Sorry, if my post was confusing. :slight_smile:

I understood your post. I thought, for some reason, that they had a portal. Sure wish there was uniformity among the schools! OY!

can anybody enlighten me in regards to the recent changes to the BA and BFA program at Point Park. Particularly if someone knows first hand how integrated these two programs will be. Also will the BFA students get first dibbs on the MT classes?

@Jrdirectortommy‌: My daughter received admittance into the BA program last week. I spoke with someone at the conservatory last Friday and they told me that there is essentially no difference. She will register for all the same classes. They told me that she can chose to audition for the BFA at the end of her freshman year, like in previous classes, if she chooses, but there is also the opportunity to customize her degree if she keeps the BA. She can also graduate in 3 years, if that’s what she wants, because the BA is 120 credits and the BFA is 130.

Thanks for posting that information, @cariauth‌! I wasn’t sure if they would still offer the BA in MT. Did they say how many they would take into that program? Oh, and is it a BA in Musical Theatre when the letter comes? Thanks!

@GSOMTMom: It says Theatre Performance and Practices. It’s the same setup as in previous years, with the BFA audition next spring. I don’t know how many acceptances they are taking into it this year, but I will find out next friday at the Theatre Experience Day. :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

Can someone tell me about their point park audition experience? Everything about the program sounds great so far. Visiting the campus soon, any insight would be helpful! Thank you.

We wii be there for the audition in 2 weeks @destiny95. Same thing here, heard great things and can’t wait to visit!

Just got the Financial Aid package and my D got an Artistic Achievement Award. Does that mean she got in to the MT program? We haven’t heard anything from the school. Any insight would be appreciated.

My daughter, back in 2012, received her scholarship info before we received her acceptance too. Based on our experience. I would say, yes. However, you might want to call to see if you’re accepted into the BA or BFA program. Both programs are awarding money this year.

@4461flmom - I can only guess that the Artistic scholarship is a great sign. Earlier PP acceptances arrived by snail mail and the acceptance letter was very clear. As it is getting closer to decision day, it is possible that the scholarships for later auditions are beating the acceptance letters in the mail. I hope that is the case for you and your D - good luck!