Acceptances

<p>I applied the 24th of september and I’m from California. Wisconsin’s a safety for me so I don’t know why it is taking so long. They said 4 to 6 weeks but its been around 8.</p>

<p>I applied October 7th and I’m also from California. No word yet either</p>

<p>great news everyone… I emailed the admissions officer that visited my school in the chicago suburbs and asked if she knew when decisions would most likely be sent out. She said there is a large amount going out on friday, dec. 6th. The rest will hopefully be sent out before christmas.</p>

<p>I don’t know how much weight this has but everyone in my WI school is supposed to hear by Dec. 13.</p>

<p>48 hours from now I may be overtaken with exuberance or permeated with sadness.</p>

<p>^^^One would only hope for the former. :grin:</p>

<p>@SleeplessInChicago, that was exactly what I was thinking last night. I’ve been waiting since September 2nd, and these final hours are driving me crazy!</p>

<p>They will email you Friday evening (afternoon for CA) when the status is updated.</p>

<p>@IllinoisWisco Who is your admission officer? I am from a School in district 113 (North Shore area) so I am very curious.</p>

<p>When’s NJ going to find out?</p>

<p>i got mine in the 15th also from NJ, but i still have not heard back!</p>

<p>Hey guys! I’m from Chicago and applied to Madison the first week of October. I’m super excited and cant wait get my results back! Has anyone from Chicago heard back yet? When will we know!!Also, how do my chances look with a 4.128 GPA, 29 ACT, and in the top 15% of a class of 1000</p>

<p>@jaydaddy</p>

<p>I’d say you were a ‘match.’ UW GPA and ECs/ rigor would tell me more.</p>

<p>UW GPA 3.86, EC: 4 years varsity bowling team, 1 year on track and field, 1 year on fishing team, 4 years best buddies( working with special needs students), 4 years paid job, intramural dodge ball, football, and volleyball. That’s about it. Ive done some buddy baseball stuff too</p>

<p>^ That all looks good!
Maybe 23 hours?</p>

<p>Do you think admissions values ECs? How much do we think its actually taken into consideration?</p>

<p>Yep, for most colleges EC’s aren’t a deal breaker. They are most important if your GPA and/or ACT is on their acceptance border. They would must rather have an athlete with a 3.6 GPA then someone who does nothing with a 3.6</p>

<p>UW seems to care a lot about ECs and Service. So if you have some consistent stuff it will probably work largely in your benefit.</p>

<p>Hey sleep less, have u heard back yet? are you from Chicago?</p>

<p>To be completely honest though… All college decisions can be curve balls. So no matter where you are on the spectrum I would say that you have a good chance of getting in(given you arnt failing classes … I guess what I’m saying is As and Bs)
I personally have a 4.75/5.00 and a 33 act and I’m very concerned that I’m not gonna get in because they may not have room or there may be some better applicants.</p>