Acceptances

<p>From looking at everyone’s stats, it seems like the ACT score is quite important at UW-Madison!</p>

<p>How do you apply for honors?</p>

<p>^See the new thread with information regarding the College of Letters & Science Honors Program.</p>

<p>Accepted to COE</p>

<p>In-State</p>

<p>Act: 32</p>

<p>GPA: 3.93 weighted</p>

<p>Rank: Top 5%</p>

<p>10 APs</p>

<p>Hey, I just applied to UW on 1/15/14 from MA</p>

<p>My gpa is not amazing but it has a very good upward trend (1.0 difference from freshman to senior year)
SAT(2400): 2030
SAT(1600): 1410
ACT: 30
APs: Calc AB, Calc BC, Chemistry, English Comp, Statistics
1 varsity sport
National Honor Society
Pretty good essays–nothing too special</p>

<p>Anyone similar to me get accepted or denied? Also does anyone know around how long it will take for me to hear back? Wisconsin is easily my number one and I’m kinda worried.</p>

<p>APPLICATION DEADLINES</p>

<p>For incoming freshmen, if you apply by February 3, you will receive a decision by the end of March.</p>

<p>[Freshman</a> Applicants: Deadlines - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/deadlines.php]Freshman”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/deadlines.php)</p>

<p>Postponed. Which is actually better than I expected haha. Anyone know any good ideas to help my chance of admission?</p>

<p>Assuming UWisc is rolling, I should receive a second notification this week, right? I applied in the last week of December, and on the website I read that it takes 4-6 weeks to process apps.</p>

<p>I don’t think they even start looking at them until Feb 3!</p>

<p>They said they’ve been processing for 2+ weeks XD</p>

<p>Danny095 – they are not rolling in the sense of first in, first out. All students will hear by the deadline but there is really no way to predict, between now and then, any student will hear. </p>

<p>I am an international student and i applied on the feb 3rd with like an hour left before closing… that will probs mean that i have to wait till the end of march right? :confused: + how hard is it to get into geological engineering? I have sat 2110 math2 800 and IB diploma score of 39/42, 41/45 right now </p>

<p>Accepted
3.63/4.24 Gpa as of 1st semester sr yr
1900 Sat (610M620CR670W)
ECs/Recs/Essays-great
OOS Jew boy
International business major</p>

<p>akpl4485, congrats! what was your act score?</p>

<p>WHEN WILL DEFERRED STUDENTS HEAR??? I CANT WAIT</p>

<p>I guess they review the postponed applications by the end of March! A long wait…</p>

<p>whats the lowest gpa and SAT that anyone knows of that was accepted?</p>

<p>I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone getting in with anything lower than a 3.0.
their average is 3.5-3.6 though.
I have heard of people getting in with as low as a 20 on their acts.</p>

<p>@mehak95 thanks for the info!!! </p>

<p>Just got in Friday night. I applied on 2/3.
ACT 34
GPA 3.74
Don’t know if I’m going yet. Waiting to see the cost and see what other schools I get into.</p>