Activitiy section in UC application

Hello,

I have a question.

There is a section to explain about your activity and what you have accomplished in each activity listed in your UC application (within 350 words). My son is writing like a full 350 words essay in some activities. I feel like application readers will be so tired of reading those activity “essays” on top of his 4 UC prompt essays… Is he doing right?

Can I ask how other students are filling out in the free response Activity sections?

Gumbymom, please advise too - thanks!

i kept it pretty brief. i got right to the point for most of them especially if i elaborated in my essay questions

My child used max words for most activities and just a line or two for others.

I’ve been to numerous UC admissions presentations and they all say not to assume that admissions know what the activity is or what your role was in the activity. Tell them how many people were involved, what you did, what you gained/learned from the experience and how it has impacted your future interests (if applicable).

Example: Captain of a sport can be just a title or a lot of work. They don’t know what being a captain of a sport is at your school so make sure you tell them what is involved.

My son just realized that it was 350 “characters”, not “words” haha.

Thanks for your reply and all the best for your (your child’s) UC application! @kcb092, @lkg4answers