Additional Airport Shuttle Times

<p>Good morning!
After some discussion with parents and students, we are adding additional shuttle times for the rest of the breaks this academic year. We will try these to see if the demand merits adding them permanently to the schedule.</p>

<p>Here are the times we’ve added:</p>

<p>Thanksgiving Break
Wednesday, November 21st, departure 6am</p>

<p>Pick Up
Sunday, November 25th, pick up 11pm</p>

<p>Winter Break
Friday, December 14th, departure 6am</p>

<p>Pick Up
Monday, January 7th, pick up 11pm</p>

<p>Spring Break
Friday, March 22nd, departure 6am</p>

<p>Pick Up
Sunday, March 31st, pick up 11pm</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>Thank you for adding these times. This allows one to take flights leaving BHM at 8:00 am or later and the pickups will now work for most flight arrivals.</p>

<p>Thanks!! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Fantastic! Thanks so much. DD used the shuttle yesterday and although she had to go several hours early for her flight, the shuttle was a great low cost, safe and efficient ride. Good Job!</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Janine, do you mind putting the link on here where we can find the shuttle times?
Thanks</p>

<p>I’m not Janine, but here’s the link</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama - HRC (Housing and Residential Communities) Ticket Sales](<a href=“Tix - Ticket Sales”>Tix - Ticket Sales)</p>

<p>We are also happy to see the earlier shuttle. Thanks, UA</p>

<p>Thank you Class2012mom!</p>

<p>As a prospective parent, it is these “little” things that keep raising Bama on my DS list for next year. </p>

<p>Thanks to all the students & parents who made their voices heard and thanks to the incredible staff at Bama for taking action!</p>

<p>Sorry I didn’t answer earlier! I took Friday off in order to make some improvements on my own home! It’s all about housing around here :)</p>

<p>Janine</p>

<p>Thanks for your help Janine. You are funny too!</p>

<p>Longhaul: That’s what I liked about the University of Alabama too. For instance, they added a credit for the kids that took AP Language and AP Literature. There used to be only credit given for one or the other. I can really appreciate any school, business, or person that strives to improve. RTR!!</p>

<p>HI - are there shuttles available at other times too? How do most people travel to the school for their tours (we are coming in november) should we rent a car? We are only there overnight and haven’t made hotel reservations yet, but plan on staying close to campus. So I don’t think we need a car, but not sure if taxis make sense or if there is any kind of alternative? Sorry and thx…</p>

<p>upstate13 - most people do rent cars. If you search for discount car rental (or something close to those words), there is a thread with some tips. A private taxi will cost you a lot more than renting a car will. </p>

<p>When are you visiting? Be warned, hotel rooms are hard to find on game day weekends, and very expensive if you do find one.</p>

<p>upstate13, ther are many other shuttle times offered, but I believe ths school’s shuttles are only for students. If I were you, I would rent a car for your stay. That way you have the freedom to drive around and see the campus and the surounding area on your own some.</p>

<p>Upstate13,
It would definitely be cheaper to rent a car than to pay the round trip car service or shuttle bus from Birmingham.</p>

<p>Car rental is the way to go, cheaper even with gas, at @ $17/day. Shuttles will run you (shared, 2+) at least $55/person each way.
You can check out the area, my girls loved when we ‘had an adventure’ (aka ‘lost’) going the back way during Family Weekend, “everything’s so green, love the trees, houses are all different, that is the cutest little church…” no one was looking for the turn off.</p>

<p>Can anyone use the Crimson Tide bus service while visiting on campus, or do you have to be a student/faculty?</p>

<p>Anyone (faculty, students, visitors …) can ride, no charge.</p>