Crimson Ride Airport Shuttle Schedule for Thanksgiving Break

<p>I thought I saw an airport shuttle schedule posted for Thanksgiving break. But now I can’t find it anywhere?</p>

<p>It’s on the Bama Housing website…</p>

<p>Found it under On-Campus…Services/.Resources</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm)</p>

<p>Housing and Residential Communities
2011</p>

<p>Is the 2 PM shuttle too late for a 4 PM flight? That is cutting it really close for me. Also on the flight home she doesn’t get in until 10 PM on Sunday night (flying cross country) so I guess we will have to reserve a private shuttle. Any advice about that? I’ve heard people on here mention Eshuttle.</p>

<p>I would be concerned that at 2pm shuttle is too late for a 4 pm flight. The ride is about an hour. </p>

<p>Others hopefully will chime in with eshuttle…and maybe she can find a share ride.</p>

<p>She can’t take the 11 AM shuttle because her class doesn’t get out until 12:15. It would be nice if they offered it every hour but they must not have that much demand. We will figure it out once it gets closer. Thanks for all of the help:).</p>

<p>Every time I’ve called Eshuttle, nobody else was booked on the shuttle, so it was cheaper to book the Birmingham Door to Door Shuttle ($85 one way, $125 roundtrip).</p>

<p>I fly to Alabama from the west coast all the time and found that it is best to take a redeye (overnight) flight when flying to Alabama. Southwest does not have redeye flights, but other airlines do. As for arriving late at night, I usually land in Seattle around midnight (2am Central), stop at a late-night burger joint, and get home before 2am Pacific.</p>

<p>When flying from the West Coast, one can take advantage of cheaper travel dates because the redeye flights leave shortly before midnight on the previous day.</p>

<p>We wanted her to take the redeye back to Birmingham on Sunday night (from PDX) but it gets her into T-Town too late to get to her Monday morning math class (and she doesn’t want to miss the class). Thanks for the info about Birmingham Door to Door. I will check them out.</p>

<p>This is the kind of situation that represents why many students stay at school for Thanksgiving break…</p>

<p>Getting in at 10pm in Birmingham…that’s assuming everything ‘across country’ is flying on time and you don’t get stuck anywhere, then to T-town…</p>

<p>Hope you don’t have classes Monday!</p>

<p>I always try to remind OOS students and parents to look at the shuttle times before booking flights as the shuttles do not work for many flights.</p>

<p>waudio1, I was attempting to suggest having her fly overnight on Saturday and arriving on Sunday. There is an 11:30 am shuttle that Sunday. Personally, I never see much difference between leaving at 11:00 pm and 6:00 am as I don’t get much sleep before early morning flights anyway.</p>

<p>As another tip, book your tickets early. I had to stay at UA over spring break as airfares were too high. When I saw roundtrip airfare to Seattle over Thanksgiving for $500, I booked it (this was in June). The same tickets are now selling for $600-$700.</p>

<p>Wow, I booked S’s in July as I wanted good flight times and a non-stop. Now they are 3x the price @$1500 and it’s still Aug.</p>