Admission advice- psych/music/therapy?

<p>My daughter is a junior in high school. She wants to perhaps major in psych with a minor in music, and wants a school with some musical performance opportunities (French horn in symphonic band or orchestra) She is a good student but not a superstar (GPA 3.6-3.7, PSAT only 177/240 but will probably do better on SATs, some honors classes, some distinction in French horn) The music/music therapy double major in the school of music looks great, but will it be too difficult to get into the Frost School? Could she apply to both UM Arts and Sciences and Frost? If she goes Arts and Sciences, can she perform in an ensemble and minor in music- what are policies on taking courses in different Schools? She is looking at CA schools (we live in MA) but U Miami looks great-thanks for any advice.</p>

<p>I was looking for other info and came across your post. My dd is graduating and plans to become a music therapist…we are from Mass also. She has gotten into a number of programs and has a similar gpa to your dd but only took ACT’s. She doesn’t want to go as far as CA but you may want to look at OH, The College of Wooster is one of her top choices as a small liberal arts college. Her largest is Montclair State in NJ. She will have so many choices open to her and you might want to start doing some traveling this summer to rule out closer schools if they are still in the mix. Good luck!</p>