Admission and Housing fees

<p>Is anyone aware of a method of sending fees in that doesn’t require a credit or debit card? Is there a way to send these fees in through the mail with a money order?</p>

<p>Hmmm…I don’t know. You might need to call the school and ask.</p>

<p>UA often accepts electronic checks. If such an option is offered for such fees, it would be on the same page as a credit card payment. As for paying by cash or money order, you could pay in person or possibly by mail. There would be some fees on your part, but there are Visa/MasterCard gift cards that you could use. </p>

<p>I strongly suggest that you get a credit or debit card with a Visa or MasterCard Logo on it. If you are 18, you can get a debit card without a parent’s signature. If you are in Alabama where they require you to be 19 :frowning: , just open an account at a bank or credit union branch in another state (you can usually do this online or by phone). Be careful of fees and other charges and you will be fine. UA runs almost exclusively on credit/debit card payments (or your student ID for on-campus purchases). Cash and checks are still accepted, but are much more time consuming.</p>

<p>I wonder if this student could buy one of those Visa debit cards that they sell at Wal-Mart, put money on it, and then use it online.</p>

<p>However, it is best if you open a bank acct.</p>