Admission Notice Appeal

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Anybody out here knows how the Appeal to the admission notices work?
I mean, if I feel that my D deserved to be in a UC based on her profile. how would we go and discuss that with the admissions panel? Can’t students and/or parents do anything in this regard or is there an avenue wherein we can appeal their decision giving them more information about the student?</p>

<p>Thanks for any advice!</p>

<p><a href=“Error”>Error; </p>

<p>@DIBM96 If am mistaken, you posted your D was accepted to UCD, UCR, UCSB and UCSC. If those are not UC’s and do not know what is?? This year is my 2nd year going through college admissions with my sons. Both back to back and all I can tell you is that college admissions are a crapshoot. There is no way to predict the outcome, you just hope for the best. Older son GPA 4.2 and ACT 25 with 6 AP classes, got into 5 UC’s and younger son GPA 3.73 ACT 31 (35 in Math), 10 AP’s got into 1 UC. I do not see any grounds for appeal since she was accepted to some great schools. I am sure many CC posters would like to have her choices. Good Luck to you and your D.</p>

<p>I think OP meant the UC of her daughter’s choice, not just any UC’s. I think it’s damaging to say that admissions are a crapshoot. They really aren’t. If you have high stats, you’re probably going to get in. It softens the ego blow, but it really does the applicant a disservice in the future. They’ll probably end up thinking that there’s no point in working hard since life is a crapshoot, which I guess it is but in an academic sense it isn’t.</p>

<p>I encourage your D to appeal only if there are grounds to do so, not just because she didn’t get into her dream campus. She’ll be happy at any of them, I’m sure. </p>

<p>double post </p>

<p>Don’t appeal just because you feel your daughter deserves an acceptance. College admissions get more and more competitive every year, so of course people with high stats get rejected, and I’m sure they all feel they deserve an acceptance as well.</p>

<p>Considerable grounds for appeal usually mean serious extenuating circumstances, including important information that you left out on the original application, or severe recent personal circumstances that wasn’t previously available to the UC admissions committee. If you appeal just because of a strong senior year, or if you change your major, or you just reallyyyy want to go to a certain UC, you won’t be reconsidered.</p>