Admit

<p>got my "scholarship" offer today. they wanna gimme the 2 grand. screw that, ill just go pay full tuition at UIUC...</p>

<p>man im getting kinda worried now. I haven't gotten any info on how much they wanna give me. I got that email and an application for the Presidents Excellence Award. Taffy, do you remember when you applied?</p>

<p>I was admitted last week to the honors college, major poly sci. A few days ago I received a scholarship offer for the Wildcat Excellence Award($6,000/yr). I know that isn't all the schoalship money i'm getting,(AZ resident with tuiton waiver and an additional $12,500/yr nat'l his. sch.), but does anyone know when the financial aid letter will come making it official?</p>

<p>i applied like a month and a week ago, found out i was accepted like a week ago, and got my scholarship notification yesterday. dont worry, itll come.</p>

<p>hey what do u guys think my chances r for scholarship:
Pre-Med
Asian (East Indian)
Instate student, Had a immediate family member go there
GPA: 3.95 w
ACT: 22
really good ecs
In need of financial aid</p>

<p>Got in out of state with a 3.1 GPA, 1070 SAT, lots of EC's, solid essays/reccommendations</p>

<p>I have a question for those of you who have been admitted. Is it required that you take 4 years of math during high school? Does a year of high school math in middle school count?</p>

<p>You need 4 years of HS math, middle school doesn't count lol. I got away without having that 1 year fine arts requirment (my GC wrote a letter and everything) so you MIGHT be able to work your way out of it.</p>

<p>Don't be mean. I'll prolly have to end up going to Arizona State instead of Harvard because I can't afford it. My parents get 100k a year so I don't qualify for financial aid, but my parents wont pay anything and are planning on getting divorced as soon as I leave home. It sucks. At least Arizona and Arizona State are nice enough to give full tuition to people who deserve it based on merit.</p>

<p>Does anyone know abt any minority scholarships to u of a? Is there any application for Asian American students at all?</p>

<p>American Indian yes, others I wouldn't count on it. URM yes. I know that they trying to increase Hispanic and American Indian populations and getting them to stay and graduate.</p>

<p>Ratm, If you were in a high school level class in middle school and recieved high school credit that counts towards the 4 years of math.</p>

<p>Does anyone know what AV Excellence means?</p>

<p>...I just called the admissions office to check on the status of my application because it had been a while, and the office told me that I was admitted ...when I asked if I was accepted into any special programs, the officer said that I was admitted under AV Excellence. I asked him what it meant, and he said that he had no idea but that he probably should. He said that I would receive the actual acceptance letter in 15-20 days, and that it should explain it in there.....I was just wondering if anyone knew so that I don't have to wait that long to find out....</p>

<p>That is so typical, "I have no idea, but probably should!"
U. of A. admissions office seems so disorganized and difficult to get answers from. I wish they were more user friendly to students and families.</p>

<p>Did you find out what it meant?</p>

<p>It turned out to be a merit-based scholarship for out of state students...it wasn't for that much though (8,000 over 4 yrs.), I mean they'll still make money since it doesn't cover the difference in tuition cost between going in state and out of state. </p>

<p>...but yea, they were definitely serious about the 20 day thing- I think I received the letter at least a month after that phone call. The University must really try to save on postage by sending them out in bulk.</p>

<p>Congrats on your scholarship! Are you going to attend? From what state?</p>

<p>I actually ended up getting in to some schools that I didn't really expect to get into, so it's kind of moved down the list a little bit...I really don't know yet though</p>

<ul>
<li>I'm from Maryland</li>
</ul>

<p>what were ur stats</p>

<p>I feel kind of weird about posting stats and stuff online- sorry!</p>

<p>Anyone know if UA is easy to bargain with at all? Like if you call them up and explain your situation, would they by any chance increase their scholarship offer?</p>

<p>(FYI, I'm just an average UA admit, I don't have a 2300 SAT with a 3.9 GPA)</p>