Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science Double Major?

I am going to be a freshman in Virginia Tech’s College of Engineering during the 2019-2020 school year.

Is a double major in aerospace engineering and computer science impossible since not many courses overlap between the majors? How hard would it be to graduate with a bachelor degree in both majors in 4 years?

Note: I have AP and dual enrollment credits to get me out of calc 1, calc 2, CS 1114, ECON 2005, First-Year Writing (both semesters), and all CLE credits except for Area 2 and Area 6 credit requirements.

I would not say impossible, but definitely very difficult. On average, for one major in Engineering, you will more than likely need to average around 15 credits a semester and end your 4 years with at least 120 credits. Now let’s say 80 of your credits overlap (I’m not really sure but just hypothetically). That means you’d need to average 20 credits a semester and finish with 160 credits in total. Yikes! However, if you’re up for it, winter and summer classes will definitely be your friend. In my opinion, though, it’s not worth it to put yourself through that in 4 years. If you’re really interested in a double major, I would suggest talking to an advisor and find a path that will get it done in 5 years.