African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>Same here!</p>

<p>What! You guys havn’t done anything that you could post for stats? Anything for summer, or clubs? Come on now I have a ton of things.</p>

<p>My stats!</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA: 3.97, probably will go down a little after this semester :/</p>

<p>ACT: 28</p>

<p>APs: Human Geo, Lang, Psych, World history</p>

<p>ECs: NHS member, Medical Academy, Hispanic honor society, boys varsity basketball manager Sophmore year, and president of best buddies</p>

<p>Community service: Basketball summer camp</p>

<p>I’m gonna be doing a lot more community service over the summer for my local hospital and this organization called give kids the world</p>

<p>awesome gpa and great activities. You should try doing some academic stuff to.</p>

<p>I guess I can post what I have so far</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA: 3.4/3.5 (hopefully it’ll rise by the end of this semester, my school has a really weird GPA system)</p>

<p>AP: N/A</p>

<p>IB: IB Physics SL IB Spanish III SL, IB Film HL, IB TOK, IB HOA HL (History of Americas), IB Math Studies SL & IB English HL</p>

<p>EC: Student Council-member,Orchestra-member,African Club-member/officer (Secretary, I plan on running for VP next year), Junior class meeting-member,My church’s youth ministry-member,ND DFW Alumni group (community service)-member, Mayors youth commission-member</p>

<p>Errrrrrr I’m such a bum, these past few years have been rough so this is all that I could be involved in and that I really love. </p>

<p>Schools:
Notre Dame
SMU
UT Austin
SFA
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Texas State</p>

<p>I also will be taking the SAT June 1st and ACT June 8th</p>

<p>Oh yeah!! For my Honors classes: I’m in Academic Decathalon</p>

<p>GPA: 3.2 uw/ 3.9 w (nationally recognized school and rigorous)</p>

<p>ACT: N/A hoping for a 33-36</p>

<p>SAT: N/A hoping for a 2250-2400</p>

<p>EC:
Debate team
Student council executive board
Freshman mentors
Business Professionals of America (2nd in state, nationally qualified)
Cross country
Asian American club
Law club (disbanded)</p>

<p>Volunteer:
Feeding the hungry program 200 hours
Middle school tutoring 15 hours</p>

<p>Awards:
BPA 2nd place city award
BPA 2nd place state award
Student council state honors delegate</p>

<p>That’s about it. :)</p>

<p>Aw y’all are all smarter than me lol! Loving this! We will all get into the school of our dreams in Jesus name</p>

<p>Hopefully my GPA will rise to a 3.3 uw/ 4.1 w by the end of the year. My school has a harder grading scale and is known for being rigorous so I hope that gives me some leeway on my low GPA. I think if could pull a 33+ ACT 2250+ SAT, and 750-800 on Math II and Spanish subject tests, I could be in a decent situation. At this point I’m depending on my test scores, essays and ECs to get me into college.</p>

<p>Same here TinnyT! I’m sure you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>Hopefully. We’ll see in the fall lol</p>

<p>@sorine what do you suggest?</p>

<p>And I can’t believe we’ll be applying to schools this fall!!!</p>

<p>Lol yes we will !</p>

<p>I know right! I can’t wait lol…</p>

<p>Just finished filling out the Prospective Applicant for Washington University. I feel like I just started my year long journey. I’m eager to apply! I can’t wait for senior year but at the same time I know I will be stressed out. </p>

<p>How do you all feel about being the “test class”. We will be the first class to use the new Common App with new Common App essay questions, I feel like we are the test rats LOL.</p>

<p>I had no idea…wow…good question, I’m not sure lol.</p>

<p>The topics/prompts seem interesting</p>

<p>Yeah I haven’t gotten a chance to look at the questions either but along as I can mold my topic to them I’ll be alright</p>

<p>Yeah same here. Going to college is such a long…process</p>