African American Class of 2015

<p>@HeisAidanD well, if it makes you feel any better, my best friend fell asleep during the science reasoning section of the ACT XD</p>

<p>Yeah @Jellybae just select that you’ll be applying for the fee waiver on the common app. I know that if you go to some special fly-in programs, you get a fee waiver for that school</p>

<p>I sent in my fly-in app for Columbia today. I’m done with those so now I can finish my actual college apps! :)) </p>

<p>^Lucky. I have 30 minutes to finish the second prompt. I am really pushing the limit on what the word deadline mean. In other news, I didn’t get into Johns Hopkins H.O.M.E.S :(</p>

<p>@emenya Did you finish? And it happens. At least you won’t have to miss school for the program…</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious‌ yeah I finished. And yeah I think that the max I could do is one (if I get accepted in more than one). Missing 2 or even 3 days of school would be an absolute nightmare</p>

<p>I know what you mean. @emenya‌ I’m waiting for Caltech and Columbia fly-in decisions. If I get into both I have to choose one. (Caltech top choice)</p>

<p>Also y’all can call the national merit phone number and ask to be directed to the national achievement people if your school hasn’t notified you of your status. (mine hasn’t) They will tell you whether or not you’re a semi-finalist. I called during my school lunch on Friday. They confirmed that I’m a SEMI-FINALIST!!! :smiley: <:-P</p>

<p>Do you guys think a 181 would qualify for national achievement commended in Texas? Or should I not bother to call?</p>

<p>I think it could. I’m not sure what the lowest has been in the past but national hispanic was 181 for the southwest so national achievement could be too. I say just call. @Jellybae‌ </p>

<p>I think 181 would qualify @Jellybae I’m going to call on Monday. Switching schools senior year really screws everything up. Each school is like the other school should have the information. </p>

<p>I am no authority, but I can’t imagine that 181 is going to make the cut. On last year’s thread someone from TX reported only being an “Outstanding Participant” with a 199, but just make the phone call on Monday.</p>

<p>I called during school today. I’m an Outstanding Participant with a score of 185 in Maryland. </p>

<p>Do you guys think I could only get outstanding participant with a 186 in PA?</p>

<p>Good job! @KelMoo‌ Just call and ask. @agraves‌ </p>

<p>I’m planning on calling (I tried to a couple of hours ago but I think they’re only open from 8:30-4:30 or something like that. </p>

<p>O ok. Well good luck! @agraves‌ </p>

<p>Yeah I haven’t been notified yet… should I call?</p>

<p>YES!! There is not really any reason to sit around waiting when you can just call.</p>

<p>Thanks @Mathmaticious‌! :)</p>

<p>Did any of y’all take the September ACT? I got my score today. A 33 which is higher than I expected.</p>