African American Class of 2015

<p>Does anyone know when we’ll receive information if we got National Achievement? I know National Merit is starting to come out.</p>

<p>Last year the official press release was September 25th so if the schools don’t already have the letters, they will soon.</p>

<p>What is the cutoff looking like?</p>

<p>They more than likely already know the cutoff. I’m just going to call and ask tomorrow.
@planner03‌ MOSTEC was and still is amazing! It doesn’t end till January so it’s still going strong. It’s really focused on people that want to go into engineering or at least STEM so it’s perfect for me.</p>

<p>the 25th ok thanks @planner03‌ I’m very anxious. </p>

<p>Did any of you apply for the Caltech Up Close? Do you know when the decisions come out? </p>

<p>@emenya‌ I did! They should come out mid-september.</p>

<p>@emenya‌ They wouldn’t tell me over the phone. They said the letters had already been sent to the schools and that I have to get my Counselor to tell me. :expressionless: </p>

<p>For everyone wondering about NA you should be finding out pretty soon. I found out today. :3</p>

<p>Oh, and hi, I’m new //waves</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious so many things culminating around september. I hope we both get in. Already been sent to the schools? I’ve heard horror stories about counselors forgetting to give things. I do NOT want this to happen. </p>

<p>@sebethpin Hey!!! and yay a coder (I know I know I only have 2 weeks of comp sci under my belt but hey give me credit :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@sebethpin‌ Howdy! I saw your thread. What state are you from?? I got a 199 so hopefully that’s enough for Texas!! :-SS :-SS Also I don’t think that SAT will be high enough but you shouldn’t have a problem getting around 1970 based on your PSAT score so shoot for anything >= 1970. That’s usually better than trying to see the lowest score you need to get, in my opinion.</p>

<p>cout << “Hello sebethpin” << endl;
printf(“What is your preferred language?”);
System.out.println(“Java was my first so I will always fight for Java!”);</p>

<p>@emenya‌ I emailed my counselor and am waiting for a response. She has been all over school for the past two weeks so it has been impossible to find her in person to ask. She is usually very good about responding to emails though. But if you keep annoying your counselor, you probably won’t have to worry about them forgetting anything.</p>

<p>@emenya @Mathmaticious My dear friends, I have not coded anything since I was about ten years old ^^; I might as well be a newbie at it because the most complicated thing I’ve done in the past year is design really bad websites. I prefer Java myself though ;3</p>

<p>I’m from Oklahoma, but I’m sure a 199 will be enough! And yeah, I wasn’t pleased with that score anyway, and I want to improve it more for myself than NA because USC won’t give me anything for that anyway, and if I don’t get a good enough scholarship, I’ll probably be going to UCI. USC’s GE is beautiful though, and I fell in love with it all too easily XD</p>

<p>Where are your sights set on for next year?</p>

<p>if(moment == awkward)
Comment.changeSubject();</p>

<p>@sebethpin‌ We’ll see… My number one choice school is MIT but I’d be fine at Caltech too. What do you want to study?</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious‌ I have faith in you, if that helps any? I plan on majoring in Biological Sciences and minoring in Korean/Korean Studies. My long-term plan is to be a diagnostic radiologist in the LA area. You?</p>

<p>@sebethpin‌ I’d like to major in chemical engineering and maybe double major in computer engineering. My long-term goal is to get robots more integrated into the medical field than they already are. Have you/are you going to apply to any fly-ins?</p>

<p>import static java.lang.System.*;
public class Hope
{
public static void main(String[]arg_Hope)
{
out.println(" I’m really hoping that a 189 will be good in Texas");
out.println(“A senior from my school last year got it with a 189”);</p>

<pre><code> //Or was that just National Achievement Commended?
out.print(“I think a 199 will be make it”);

/*************************************************************
                                 BME FOR THE WIN
    ************************************************************/

}
</code></pre>

<p>}</p>

<p>@Mathmaticious Innovation like that is the best in my opinion. There are a lot of open doors in regards to robotics and medicine. I haven’t applied to any fly-ins, and I’m not going to. I’ve had my heart set on USC/UCI for about two years, and my back up is OCU because even with my bad SAT score, I get a pretty decent scholarship. Also, my dad’s on the board of directors, and that never hurts. XD</p>

<p>Lol I got a 161 so I doubt I’d be getting it. I actually fell asleep during the PSAT, oops.</p>

<p>Right now I’m working a little on the Common App and I’m thankful for all of these schools that are just HANDING out fee waivers. It’s enticing me to apply. </p>

<p>@HeisAidanD‌ I know thank goodness for those! Only problem is that most of them don’t have my major :frowning:
Didn’t a teacher come to wake you up lol</p>

<p>I got a 181 so I doubt it too. How do you get fee waivers? Yale sent me something saying they give fee waivers to people making under 80k so Id qualify but how do I go about actually getting it?</p>

<p>@emenya Yeah she woke up but it was only during like one section and I was sat in the back so it took her a bit to notice I think. So my writing score was atrocious.</p>

<p>And I think for the Ivies/top tier schools as long as you select the choice in their Questions part, they’re fine with it? Some schools email you with specific instructions and others you just have to get your Guidance counselor to send something in. </p>