Alabama credit union question

So I tried to deposit money through alabama credit union ATM because the branch wasn’t open yet. However, I found out that there is not an option to deposit money through ATM. You can only withdraw money.

This is quite inconvenient for me because I use Chase, and I withdraw money from chase and deposit it in my ACU account. Do ALL alabama credit union ATMs not have deposit option?

I don’t know if ALL have that issue, but tomorrow, the campus ACU will be open so you can deposit the cash then.

I would wait and deposit it in person, however, the credit union does have the option of taking a picture of your check and depositing it online. Check it out.

Never deposit cash in an ATM, always use the teller window.

why?

Not all ATMs allow deposits. ACU decided that it can have some ATMs which only allow withdrawals. With electronic transfers and mobile check deposits, there is less and less need for people to deposit cash or checks at an ATM.

Did you know that you can have Chase do an ACH (Automated Clearing House) push to your ACU account or have ACU do an ACH pull from your Chase account instead of a manual cash transfer? It’s quite likely that either service is free at both Chase and ACU. It does take a couple business days for the money to be transferred for free however.

@robotbldmom With the ATMs that immediately look at each bill and check once it is presented for deposit, I’m not sure why one shouldn’t use the ATM. The old night deposit box-style ATMs where one had to put money in a sealed envelope and wait for it to be counted at a later date are fairly rare nowadays. For those who work banker’s hours, the new ATMs are a great invention as most transactions can now be handled 24/7/365.

@paul2752 - where is the nearest Chase bank to you? how do you do Chase banking in AL?

@SEA_tide Ever have an ATM fail during a transaction due to the banking system going down? I wouldn’t want to be in the middle of a transaction with cash while that happened. Or, have you ever had the ATM chew up your deposit ticket or get jammed? That can happen with cash as well. I have seen it happen.

@aeromom that is a problem. There is no chase bank. I opened it in Oregon, so my mom and I send money by quickpay.