American University Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

We went to the Winter Preview Day on Monday. The speaker said they only sometimes ask for mid-year grades. So maybe they don’t necessarily need them.

1 Like

D’S portal did not mention mid year grades, but she received an email request for them and submitted an electronic transcript.

Do you recall when she received that request? Thanks!

late January.

1 Like

My son’s mid year does not show up in the portal either.

1 Like

That’s odd, we didn’t get a request for mid-year grades. But I think our high school just sends them automatically to all the schools anyway.

My S is a freshman at AU. I don’t recall how much communication he had from them after submitting his application and before decisions were released, but they were, by far, the most communicative school after he was accepted. I’m not sure if that is typical or if it was because so many students hadn’t had the option for in person visits before they applied. It seems like we were on one webinar or another on all aspects of student life and for his major every other night after decisions were released.

1 Like

Anyone have an idea on when the notifications come?

last year they came out on the 26th of march… so im assuming around that time

2 Likes

When we were at the Winter Preview, they told us March 15th.

5 Likes

thanks. good to know.

Thanks a ton! That’s really good to know.

Thank you. Didn’t consider that I had to make my own account. Made one and they say they have my completed application.

1 Like

Does anyone know if financial aid information is released at the same time as admissions decisions?

Merit awards are released with the decision letter. I believe financial aid is also released at the same time ir within a day or 2, but you see that on a different tab.

2 Likes

Just received email stating AU will begin releasing decisions on Wed., 3/16 - to be released in batches through portal

9 Likes

My S got this email too. Any idea if “batches” means throughout that evening, or whether decisions will roll for days/weeks?

Last year the site crashed because of too many students refreshing and so I assume that they’ll stagger release it over an hour or 2 maybe, not days?

2 Likes

That’s my assumption, too, in order to avoid the issues they had last year. I would assume all decisions will be released throughout the evening.

2 Likes

My daughter is very upset that she did not receive that email. Portal says application is complete and we did attend the Winter preview. Hoping the email will still arrive!