Amherst 2025 ED Discussion

Could you ask for the info? I’m so curious!

Guys any tips on how to fall asleep after sleeping for 10 hours? School’s finished and FIFA isn’t cutting it anymore hahahahha

Being from a different time zone is agonizing :pensive: 11hrs 59 mins to go I guess

1 Like
  • ED applications: approximately 850 (~40% increase over last year)
  • ED admit rate: 25% (32% last year)
  • ED expected representation in the Class of 2025: 45% (39% last year)
5 Likes

Where did you get that? Is it from credible sources?

Yes, it is from the Amherst email to my counselor

1 Like

Omg almost half of Class 2025 will be ED

Did everyone’s counselor get an email?

Are the percentages same for the international students as well? Or do we divide them by 5 like rd?

1 Like

From the 850 applicants, 25% is accepted. 20% is deferred. The rest got rejected.

I think they will accept like 10-20 international students from ED

Well, all the best everyone! No matter what the results are, keep your head high and keep moving on. You’ll end up where you’re supposed to be, happy. These few days have been filled with anxiety but I’m glad to have this thread, and meeting you guys! :smile:

7 Likes

How many international ed students are admitted normally?

From the class of 2023 stats, around 3000 international students applied. And 150 got accepted. 56 matriculated. Seeing that around 100 didn’t matriculate, they must be RD applicatants. Also, let’s say half of the matriculated were RD applicatants. So, around 30 might have been accepted by ED.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the stats! It’s a little reassuring that there is a higher ED expected representation in the class of 2025, but that 40% increase in applications is pretty scary. Also, as far as I know, my counselor has still not received an email.

1 Like

I haven’t received any email from Amherst as of now and I live in Louisiana
…only freaking out a little bit :sweat_smile:

My kid has a pretty strong case for admission (though nothing is guaranteed until the fat lady sings). Sticking with the Yogi Barra theme “you don’t know what you don’t know”. Last email we got from Amherst was on Dec 7 (Pearl Harbor Day), which announced the release date. Since then there has been no change to our portal: no name change, no secret code by clicking on the wrench, etc. We’re just waiting for the official release later today. Good luck to all and for the international applicants - Yogi Barra was a baseball player - 1950’s to 1960’s - with the NY Yankees who had a penchant for stating the intuitively obvious. His expressions, and those attributed to him, are part of the American idiomatic culture.

8 Likes

8 hours to go! (+ a sleepless night to go)

3 Likes

There are at least 60-75 of the those admitted are recruited athletes and there are additional athletes who have gone through the pre-read process and have soft support.

Are we supposed to get an email in 8 hours ? Saying what exactly?