Amherst 2025 ED Discussion

This sounds so awesome ! - I’ll go for a hike or something lol

Almost an hour ago - is it something wrong ?

Is the timestamp for your letter 18.21EST by any chance?

1 Like

I’m from Texas - It was 5:25 here

I doubt that nobody else got something like this here - is it just me ?

If you look upwards in the thread, there was one person who got the same email as you yesterday. It was at 6:21 pm.

@Mirrorshard Yeah I don’t think its a mistake. They’re probably sending them out by region? I don’t know.

@sumgood - I just read above - I think they’re sending these out in place of likely letters and I think that everyone accepted will get them.

Anyone else from Texas that you know who received that too?

I wouldn’t go that far. But it is likely that it is a good sign. However, if it is a likely letter, they would just say so.

1 Like

My sister’s got the email too

and she lives with me here in Texas

It’s probably one of three things:

1. It is really some kind of pseudo-likely letter. If so, congrats!

2. They’re sending this out by regions, which might be why Texas and the West Coast got it first. It might still be a good thing in that only people that are likely to get in get it.

3. Its an error in Amherst’s system.

Regardless, congrats!

4 Likes

Thanks @sumgood - I’m positive that sum good will happen to you as well lol

Huh? I’m just saying that S19 could make his Amherst email and he was denied so, if that’s what anyone here can do, it’s not a sign of admittance.

I think the line people are making here is that:

1. This is ED, not RD, so there should be a lesser? chance of Amherst making mistakes.

2. It seems doubtful they’d make the same error two times in a row.

3. They don’t really have an incentive to send all of this out if you didn’t at least have a chance.

3 Likes

What’s S19?

Did the letter mention financial aid award like the other person?

I didn’t apply for Aid lol

Oh no, its definitely the same letter. Amherst has no reason to send out two different kinds. I don’t think he literally got a fin aid award, he just got some general info + all the email and dropbox stuff.

1 Like

Here’s something that might help you guys - look at all of your names on your application portal - if it’s like your name followed by 2025 in brackets then you’ll probably accepted. Both me and my sister’s name changed in the portal after the email.

2 Likes