Anatomy and Physiology BSC 215/216

<p>Has anyone had any experience with this course? I have noticed that the professor is new to Alabama, Jason Pienaar, but I would just like to know if biology/anatomy classes like this one usually require the textbook access code as it lists on the supe store’s list…or if anyone had any comments about the class that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!</p>

<p>I took BSC 215 and 216 last year when Dr Fluker was still teaching these subjects, so I can’t say anything about Jason Pienaar. When I took these classes, the textbook was technically required, but I did not buy it. All the necessary information was in the class powerpoints. The access code was technically not required, but I did buy that, because the assignments for it were for extra credit. The lab book is absolutely required for the course. However, the photographic atlas is not. I bought that, but rarely used it or found it helpful. </p>

<p>The class as a whole was not too bad. You have to study, especially for the lab portion. However, if you put the time in, you’ll do well. None of the tests were designed to be tricky. I strongly recommend keeping up and studying all the information as it comes at you so it is more manageable. This is especially true for the lab section. I would also recommend taking advantage of office hours with the TAs. Some of them have their office hours in the lab, so you can come in a re-look through microscopes and memorize the anatomical models. This was extremely helpful for me doing very well in the lab section. </p>

<p>Keep in mind that all the above information was in relation to a different professor. Your new professor may have a different teaching style or standards. But when it comes down to it, anatomy/physiology is mostly just memorization. </p>

<p>Awesome, thank you so much! </p>