Any cost free summer programs still open?

Ive been desperately looking but cant find any more

What state? What area of interest?

Hey! Im from texas and anything stem realted at all

Do you qualify for Financial Aid? If so, expand to programs with tuition that offer generous financial aid or scholarships.

Also, since most competitive programs had application deadlines in February and March, consider approaching local professors who are doing research in areas that interest you.

2 Likes

It might be time to make your own opportunity. How old are you?

What is your field of interest?

Put together a one page resume highlighting proficiency in specific software or lab experience (honestly, pipet skills is valued) and a sincere cover letter and send directly to local colleges, state agencies, or businesses that you research and are of interest to you. With the cost of gas…the closer the better.

Due to Covid there are a lot of researchers now scrambling to get caught up on projects. You could offer for free to help them out.

Or just get a job for the summer and learn valuable skills that you do not get in high school or camps. AOs at Brown and MIT both noted they valued a regular summer job over something that looked like a more privileged parent lead opportunity.

Know that camps/summer programs do not get you into colleges.

1 Like

Could you please kindly explain which are the AOs at Brown and MIT has provided opportunity for the high school students ?

Example, Texas A& M has some financial aid

Hi @Engineerrr

I think you misunderstood my statement -

They were not providing any opportunity, just an opinion. They were both clear they would rather see a kid doing a normal teenage job (I think the MIT person literally said Panda Express) than something that looks like it was a paid opportunity (the example was a camp or a week in a third world country with a non-profit).

So, do not stress over not having some wild STEM related international award winning discovery this summer.

If you are interested in tech, policy and entrepreneurship, you can check out this:

Open Classroom Experience is a virtual global innovation program for outstanding youth to co-create with world-class founders from Southeast Asia, learn directly from Silicon Valley leaders WHILE building a venture from the ground up with peer co-founders.