Any current information about Illinois Wesleyan MT program

Has anyone else received the acceptance. And can anyone share any finance, scholarship and updated information about the current program.

My D is a freshman BFA MT at IWU. I will PM you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. We are still waiting for the decision from IWU.

@kendra16 - I sent you a private message. You can access that at the top right of the page. If you have specific questions about scholarships, etc., it would be best to communicate that way.

Can you give me information as well. My daughter was just accepted into the BFA musical theatre program.

Sorry, just saw this! I would be happy to answer any questions @muffinsmom. I think you need at least posts here to be able to private message. I will try to send you one and see what happens.

Sent it - check your messages.

My D did not get an acceptance into the BFA musical theatre program. But did receive an offer into the Theatre Acting program. Her vocals and dance are her strong suits. Go figure!!! Well guess her acting is getting better. Lol. He are honored for the opportunity. But we think that she will opt for one of the Musical Theatre programs that she did receive an acceptance into.

D was also accepted BFA Acting instead of BFA MT, and vocals and dance are also her strong suit. :slight_smile:
@hopecladwell do you have any insight of the BFA Acting program, from the eyes of an MT parent?

I was just speaking to my daughter this morning about this. First, congrats! It is not easy to get into the BFA Acting program or the MT program; their class sizes are small. She heard through the grapevine this was an exceptionally tough year, with many, many talented applicants.

The actors and MT’s have lots of classes together. She gave me an example of one girl, who is a sophomore BFA Acting major. She takes dance as a minor, and is in the same dance classes as the MT’s. She takes private voice lessons from an MT voice teacher. She has been cast in both musicals this year (Giant & Fame) and also performed in the dance concert, which was by audition, and was selected to be one of the student choreographers.

So if the money is right, and your D feels the school is a good fit, I would explore those options. I believe the voice lessons would be an xtra cost, but there are scholarships available for that too.

My D loves the program - she went into it with voice being her best feature, then acting, then dance. I was astounded at how much her voice changed/improved just in the first semester. Yesterday, she called to tell me she’d just had a ballet master class - and for the 1st time in her life, she feels like a dancer.

Best of luck to your D! @cklooking, @kendra16 and @muffinsmom.

Did a little further exploring on the IWU website - actually for freshman year there are 4 dance classes built into the BFA Acting curriculum. Jazz, ballet, modern and social dance. Other dance classes can be taken to fulfill the gym/fitness requirement. So Acting, Movement for Actors, and dance classes are taken together with the MT’s. MT’s are required to take music theory and piano freshman year; those would be electives for Actors.

@cklooking sounds as if were are in the same MT boat!!! Well we are going to see just how this whole things plays out. We must talk with them and see how much MT curriculum would be sacrificed. Like not having the voice lessons. My D truly is a MT person. And with other offers on the table, we don’t want to leave any stones unturned. @hopecladwell thanks for ALL the information that you have shared. It has been very helpful. @cklooking we will be in contact with IWU and will keep you posted.

@hopecladwell thank you so much for the information! We will be on campus Friday to get more questions answered and see what D’s curriculum would look like there. @kendra16, we are also looking at her MT options. Just want her to make an informed decision, and not just go with the emotional one! Best to you in the decision process!