Any Engineering students here...?

<p>Looking to get some info from current students or parents regarding the Computer Engineering program at the U of Miami. Any feedback will be helpful thanks.</p>

<p>We would be interested in hearing from biomed engineering students as well.</p>

<p>As a parent of a 'Cane, I love the U.</p>

<p>However, as a parent of an engineering major at another school, I think you may want to look elsewhere, or at least broaden your knowledge. There are many reputable engineering programs (USNWR undergrad engin. ranking with highest degree as doctorate) which are not necessarily top tier but have top engin programs and also, top schools with less than equal engineering programs.</p>

<p>On the list of top 100 engineering programs, there are many State schools to choose from also.</p>

<p>Ex.:
tied for #29- NC State, UFlorida, Penn, and USC.
tied for #43- Brown, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and WUSTL.</p>

<p>Sadly, I don’t see Miami on the top 100 list although maybe I am overlooking it. While you can apply to this great, great school (and Miami is!!!) try to get a hold of the engineering ranking to help you chose some other schools to apply to.</p>

<p>U of Miami is listed as tier-1 in the Ruggs book for Computer Science if I remember correctly. This is the reason I applied there as it was a safety/match for me, plus I wanted good weather.</p>

<p>Is visiting absolutely a must to get the ‘vibe’ of the school, because I have heard it is a unique place to be. I have not visited as yet.</p>

<p>In my opinion, any school which you are still considering you should take the time to visit. This ESPECIALLY includes UM, because the campus is so astounding. After being here for a semester it still startles me every time I walk out of the dorm.</p>

<p>That is amazing to know^^. Wow, why is U of Miami not getting its share of positive feedback on these boards?</p>

<p>Would love to hear more positive things from current students.</p>