Any questions for someone who transferred from UC Riverside to UCLA?

<p>Holy crap, this thread gives me hope. My high school stats aren’t even close enough for me getting into UCLA, but I’m 99% sure I can get into UCR. I always though transfers to the UC’s were like 99% CC students. But wow! This is awesome. </p>

<p>I was wondering, if I go to UCR and get awesome grades and whatnot, do you think I’ll have a chance of transferring into UCLA’s BA film program? That would be a total dream for me.</p>

<p>lucybravener: I hate to be a buzzkill, but probably not a very good chance at all. If you take a look at UCLA’s transfer profile stats, you’ll see that film has a transfer acceptance rate of 3.33%. That’s lower than like…Harvard. With that said, I have a friend here that transferred into the film program, so I know it to be possible.</p>

<p>Here’s the stats for transfers: <a href=“http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/prospect/adm_tr/Tr_Prof10.htm[/url]”>http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/prospect/adm_tr/Tr_Prof10.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>so, how did you make more friends at UCLA than at UCR? isn’t it harder for transfer students to make friends once they transfer out, especially when you’re living in off-campus apartment? How did you make more friends at UCLA? (clubs, classes, etc?)</p>

<p>linoch: I met a bunch of friends in the dorms as well as in clubs. Clubs especially. I’m not saying it’s easier to make friends at UCLA than at UCR though. If you want to transfer out of your current school because you’re having a hard time making friends, transferring probably isn’t the solution since you’re just going to have to start from square 1 again.</p>

<p>I don’t think i’m planning to transfer out until the end of the year. But I think it is pretty hard to make friends here since it’s a pretty big school, especially at a UC school. it’s hard to make friends from classes because classes are too big. I only hang out with people from my dorm, but i barely see them around school. Some people suggest me to join fraternity… but it’s not really my thing. what clubs did you join?? I joined Association of Computing Machinery but it’s not really active though…</p>

<p>I’ll admit I didn’t like how inactive most clubs were at UCR. That is something I like better about UCLA. Since I’ve been at UCLA, I made many friends through joining a theater club. At UCR, my friends were pretty much all from the dorms (or friends of friends from the dorms).</p>

Hey man I know its been 6 years, but are you still answering questions?