Any Texas A&M terry scholars here?

<p>I was wondering what your stats were if you received the scholarship. Also how much did you get? I hear it is determined by a case by case basis.</p>

<p>I emailed the scholarship offer about the range for Terry Scholars. My daughter’s stats are SAT 770 CR /770 M /750 W. She is #4 out of 640 class rank and GPA over 4.0 (can’t figure out how to convert from 100 pt. weighted grading) NMSF. Anyway, they said she would most likely be nominated for award. Of course, after that you have to get past the rec. letters phase to get to the interview and then wow them at the interview. We haven’t heard anything yet from Terry. She has been nominated already for the Brown award, which is similar.</p>

<p>I wonder how much the financial need aspect figures into who gets the award.</p>

<p>Okay thanks, if they email you back can you post the ranges here? I think it would be beneficial to TAMU CC users. That’s great the your daughter was nominated for the brown award! My stats are not as high (2020 SAT) but hopefully I’ll still have a chance! If she is nominated make sure to inform us! Good luck :)</p>

<p>Sorry, they didn’t specify a number range. They just acknowledged that she’s in the ballpark, so to speak. It probably varies depending on the top portion of applicants. I guess there was also an essay involved…My D did her applications independently so I’m not sure what essays were for what things. Thank you for your kind words and good luck!</p>

<p>HI. My son will interview for the Terry Sholarship in early April. Im curious to know if anyone knows the average amount recd by Terry Foundation? His scores are very good and he is Salutatorian of his class but he cant go to college without it. Any information you could give us would be great. Thank you</p>

<p>I think everyone’s amount will be different. My daughter interviewed for the Terry Scholarship for Texas Tech on April 5th. We haven’t heard anything yet.</p>

<p>I thought the amount was $12K a year for 2 years.</p>

<p>From the Terry Foundation site:</p>

<p>"Taking into account other scholarships that the student may receive and the student’s and guardians’ financial resources, the Foundation provides sufficient assistance to cover tuition, books, fees, and reasonable living expenses on campus. The actual specific amount of the stipend will vary for each Scholar, depending on the other scholarship awards and the ability of the Scholar’s family to contribute to the cost of college.</p>

<p>The Foundation encourages Scholars to apply for other scholarships or grants or any other financial assistance for which they may be qualified, so that the Foundation’s financial resources may be extended to help as many students as possible; however, it is the Foundation’s intent that Traditional Scholars will not need to incur student loan debt."</p>

<p>It’s a 4-year, full-ride scholarship (as long as they keep meeting the academic standards.) My son is heading to A&M @ Galveston as a Terry Scholar, and the Terry scholarship funds picked up where the Pell Grant and the Top 10% scholarship left off, to make up the difference to the COA. We are SO grateful!!! He can’t wait to go in a few months. :-)</p>

<p>I’m assuming it differs from income freshmen to transfer students. In either case congratulations!!!</p>