Any thoughts about University of Richmond and Barnard College for Pre Med, any experiences?

Any thoughts about University of Richmond and Barnard College for Pre Med, any experiences? Please share your thoughts on any pros and cons as you are aware and the selection criteria

These are both very good schools. I would take premed out of the equation and choose the college you like best. Is there a preference?

I am not sure what you mean by “selection criteria.” Do you mean for acceptance to the school? Can you please elaborate?

1 Like

As an opinion on Richmond, I tend to like it for premed, largely because of the strength and balance of its physics, chemistry and biology departments.

1 Like

Premed is not a major. You can take your premed prereqs at any 4 yr college. A highly competitive, highly selective college is likely to have highly competitive premed students, possibly leading to a lower GPA for you, and hence less likelihood of acceptance to med school.

Go to the college that you like to study whatever you love, that you can do well in. You love English? Major in it. You love a foreign language? Major in it. You love Art History? Major in that. Med schools love people who have majored in anything other than a science. Every school will offer the premed prereqs.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.