Anybody have info about Barnard?

<p>I'm currently a freshman, living in chad. I don't like it that much and would much rather prefer a single room so I can concentrate on my studies better. I know it's. It a very popular dorm, but doesn't anyone have any knowledge about it? Good, bad, and just an overall assessment of it?</p>

<p>It is hard to get into Barnard because singles are popular. My best friend lived there last year and still lives there. She likes it, it’s nice because there are singles but it’s very antisocial and quiet which she doesn’t like (it was a bit of a party dorm last year on certain floors). It also makes a lot of really random weird noises, it’s very old. But it’s pretty nice, I tried moving there last year for the singles aspect but trust me, you most likely aren’t going to get one.</p>

<p>Adams is mostly singles as well, so you could try there too, though your chances for success will most likely be just as low.</p>

<p>Spend some time exploring the lakeshore end of campus to see if you would want that location. Both Adams, Tripp and Barnard are very old so you need to factor in that as well. I had friends who lived in Barnard eons ago and dislike the building, I liked Lakeshore. Conversely they liked Barnard and were happy with its location.</p>

<p>Assume you can’t move to a single and revise your social habits now to improve your study time. No matter where you live you control how you study. It is always fair to have a roommate keep things quiet et al so you can sleep and you can find a place nearby to study instead of being distracted by people. You may want to get study habit help from campus organizations such as the tutoring one or even ask your housefellow how to cope with dorm/roommate life.</p>

<p>I also think it is very early in the year to seriously consider moving; you may still just be adjusting to living in a dorm. It took me a while!</p>

<p>A new dorm is opening next fall which could ease up overall demand.</p>