Anyone gotten a booster shot?

Yes those are the doses. The pharmacy tech had it wrong, or else my friend misheard.

I seem to have costochondritis with this booster along with 101 fever. Strange effects!

Got my Moderna booster last Friday. Saturday early morning, woke up with low fever and chills, arm pain where I got the shot. I took some tylenol during the day and that night and by Sunday morning, was all better. My arm hardly even hurts any more.

One thing, though, regarding specific painsā€¦

I have a frozen shoulder that Iā€™ve been working on fixing for the past year or so. When I got my 2nd Moderna dose (in the opposite arm, of course), I had a lot of pain in my frozen shoulder. I had some pain in that shoulder after my Booster, but not as much. Both times, the shoulder pain went away with the other side effects of the vaccine.

I chalk it up to the vaccine triggering the inflammation in my shoulder. I know someone else who said after the vaccine, he had an increase in pain in his ā€œbadā€ knees that also went away with the other vaccine side effects.

3 Likes

Page on how poor data quality in the US leads to the US relying on data from other countries like Israel to make vaccine booster policy decisions, even though the US has some potentially relevant differences from other countries like Israel.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦today I finished my shots for a while. Already have Shingrix, and Covid. Today got the pertussis/tetanus/d booster and my flu shot.

The DPT booster (or whatever itā€™s called these days) is not covered at all by Medicare. Why?? I decided I would just pay for itā€¦itā€™s going to be about $100.

6 Likes

I posted this on the inside medicine thread too. Boosters seem even more beneficial given that risk of death moves away from the near 100% figure enjoyed before the 6+ month threshold.

2 Likes

I got my Moderna booster this afternoon. Although I arrived 15 minutes before my appointment, it was only four minutes from the time that I walked up to the counter until I had my shot! I am hydrating like crazy, even drinking Pedialyte. I will report back on any side effects.

1 Like

Iā€™m planning on going in for a booster tomorrow. Iā€™m pretty sure I have my choice, so still debating whether to follow up Pfizer (from March/April) with more Pfizer or Moderna.

Are there any ā€œlatestā€ studies out there regarding which might be the best choice? During our last trip we really havenā€™t been paying attention to much news - just a few minutes at morning and night.

I donā€™t think anyone really knows. The 50mcg Moderna dose is new, too.

Like you I wondered which to get for a third about the first two from Pfizer. I am still feeling sick and my shot was last Sat. I am glad I did not get Moderna!

1 Like

H and I and my sister had no real problem with the Moderna booster. My daughter in law had more side effects from the Pfizer booster (she was eligible because sheā€™s in health care). Still glad we all got boosters even if we werenā€™t sure going into it what our individual effects would be.

2 Likes

fwiw: Santa Clara County (CA) is offering a booster for all adults.

2 Likes

I got my Moderna booster yesterday afternoon.I felt fine yesterday and this morning. However at about 24 hours post-vax, I started to get chilled, headaches, slight fever, and fatigue. I didnā€™t feel this way after the first 2 shots.

@bluebayou, thanks for the link. Just forwarded it to my son in San Jose.

So is all of Colorado

1 Like

My doctor advised me to get the tetanus booster before Medicare eligibility for just this reason. So I did, when I was fully covered by my former insurance plan. I also got Shingrix before Medicare eligibility.

I was only four years past my last tetanus shot when I went on Medicare. My insurance covered the shot every ten yearsā€¦so I would have been paying anyway.

My Shingrix shots were covered by Medicare.

Iā€™m trying to rememberā€¦I think I was 7 years out from my last tetanus booster shot when I got the Tdap before Medicare eligibility. My former insurance plan didnā€™t care.

While Shingrix IS covered by Medicare and Part D plans, there may be a copay depending upon oneā€™s Part D coverage details.

Even though the copay for Shingrix isnā€™t that much, I bypassed the entire issue by getting my Shingrix shots while still covered under my pre-Medicare plan.

Ok, I officially joined the 2 dose Pfizer followed by the 1/2 dose Moderna booster ā€œunofficial experiment groupā€ (for this pandemic) a little over an hour ago.

Weā€™ll see how it goes. My sister claims to have had 3+ months of ongoing side effects causing her to be able to do practically nothing after she had each regular dose Moderna vaxxes. If thereā€™s anything to her story (I have doubts it was anywhere near as bad as claimed, but there likely were some), I might be genetically inclined to more side effects, but mixing up the vaxxes seemed to be the best I could find, so itā€™s the group I chose when asked which one I wanted.

1 Like

I had Moderna for all 3 doses. I had dull headache and fatique after dose 2 and booster dose, but no other complaints other than sore arm. I wonā€™t mind if I have to get subsequent boosters down the road, but also hope more people will step up to get their first 2 doses.

2 Likes