Anyone gotten a booster shot?

V-safe keeps sending me a code after I complete the weekly update. I don’t know why I even need it

Does your code work? Mine didn’t!

I just click v-safe link I’m emailed or texted. I complete one update for me and one for mom regularly. It always works fine.

I get a text from V Safe for both mom and myself and answer the couple of questions each week and them monthly I believe.

I received a text for mom asking if she had a booster, then inputted her info. For myself, I went to V Safe and entered my information once I had mine. I actually entered the wrong date for one of ours and couldn’t change it, but didn’t fret about it.

How did you get into V safe??

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html

I am in the car while my husband drives, but I believe this link is correct.

When you get a shot, generally you get paperwork you can scan a barcode on it for vsafe. I know I got it each time I got a shot—at the medical center for 1st 2 shots and cvs for booster. Otherwise, here’s more info about it. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html

I have been to that V safe site…if I want my question answered, I need to call them.

Oddly, I never had trouble checking in for the other check ins…just the most recent one asking if I had gotten a booster. I will guess it’s because I was trying to answer on my iPad, and not my phone.

Here’s how you can register.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/register-for-v-safe.html

You need the lot number of your shot, that should be listed on your vax card.

If these responses are directed to me, you can stop sending them. I’ve been to that site already, and know what I need to do. There is NO vaccine number on my vaccine card.

There’s no need to use it as far as i can tell. I get a text saying to check in with V-safe. I click on the link and it brings up the survey that I complete. Once I close out of the browser I get a text from V-safe with a code, but I’m never asked to use it. It’s happened with every weekly checkin for the booster so far. (I’m 3 weeks out)

No one in my family or extended family has ever gotten this. For the first shots most of us went to (three different) CVS. Medical lad got his at his hospital. For boosters H and I went to an independent pharmacy.

I wonder if it’s regional or just at the whim of whoever is giving the shots.

Not for me, and no lot number needed, either.

1 Like

Hmmm, sounds like many differences. Our VAX cards have lot numbers listed for each of the vaccines we received from two different locations at several different times.

It would be good to have lot numbers in case a problem with the serum is traced to a lot of batch of lots.

I guess there are so many different folks involved in giving out shots across such a wide area that different places Ed are doing things differently?

“No one in my family or extended family has ever gotten this.”

Ditto.

2 Likes

@vpa2019, How should one interpret the J&J figure of 13.1%. It is better than no protection in terms or probability of infection, but not by a lot. However, is there data regarding the probability of serious infection and death? If not, should J&J folks just start over with Pfizer or Moderna?

The study of US veterans from which these numbers come from is linked from this post:

The paper from the study says that “For age <65 years, vaccine effectiveness against death (VE-D) was 81.7% (95% CI: 75.7% to 86.2%) for any vaccine; 73.0% (95% CI: 52.0% to 84.8%) for Janssen; 81.5% (95% CI: 70.7% to 88.4%) for Moderna; and 84.3% (95% CI: 76.3% to 89.7%) for Pfizer-BioNTech. For age ≥65 years, VE-D was 71.6% (95% CI: 68.6% to 74.2%) for any vaccine; 52.2% (95% CI: 37.2% to 63.6%) for Janssen; 75.5% (95% CI: 71.8% to 78.7%) for Moderna; and 70.1% (95% CI: 66.1% to 73.6%) for Pfizer-BioNTech.”

The current recommendation is to get another dose of vaccine.

It may have been a mistake to designate the J&J vaccine as a one dose (only) vaccine. While one dose of J&J was reasonably effective (probably more so than one dose of Moderna or Pfizer), one dose of J&J was not as effective as two doses of Moderna or Pfizer. Perhaps there is some resistance among both the vaccine companies and the FDA against having a variable dose vaccine (where “one dose gives significant protection, but two doses are recommended for optimal protection”).

Thanks. Very helpful.

My sister in laws mom received her Moderna booster shot on Friday. On Saturday she had a stroke which severely affected speech. A blood clot was found in her brain and surgery was performed. She had a second stroke last night. She seems better today, but still no speech.

I am vaccinated but do find this concerning.

I would fine it troubling too, but rationally it can help to remember that people were having strokes “out of the blue” (to us) before Covid was even a thing. Same with heart attacks and a gazillion other things. Medical lad (a neuro resident) deals with “new” strokes a lot and not always in older people, nor any yet that have been vaccine “cause” worries. Some have or recently had Covid itself. If your SIL’s mom had “missed” her booster shot (for whatever reason) she might have had the strokes anyway. Plus, if she had gotten Covid, it’s well known for causing strokes.

Regardless, I hope she improves and I hope they can find out if they feel this was related to the booster or not. There are odds and there are folks who draw short straws. It can be frustrating.

2 Likes